Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Consultant – Independent Projects Final Evaluation
Rationale for the Project:
- Through support from OFDA/USAID the 15 months Integrated Multi-Sectoral Humanitarian Response in Northeast Nigeria aims to provide integrated life-saving services to vulnerable population affected by ongoing conflict in Northeast Nigeria.
- A total of 307,050 conflict affected households, including 307,791 IDPs will receive lifesaving support enabled through the improved access to primary healthcare services and nutrition treatment and preventive services through the strengthening of the capacity of health facilities and enhanced access to emergency WASH services.
- The project will target vulnerable populations in formal/informal IDP camps. In line with the OFDA mandate and in collaboration with the Government of Nigeria and engaged bodies including RUWASA, BOSEDPA, the SMoH, SPHCDA and relevant government agencies, the interventions aims to reduce morbidity and mortality of conflict affected and vulnerable population to address the prevailing poor nutrition status in Northeast Nigeria.
- Finally, related WASH services will benefit 176,841 IDP (47,747 male and 44,210 women) who will receive support through hygiene promotion, improved sanitation and water supply services as well as access to WASH non-food items, especially in areas with concentrated populations of IDPs and new arrivals in dire need of multisectoral humanitarian support.
- All efforts will prioritize the input and engagement of beneficiary communities ensuring the inclusion of their voices and measures to prioritize the mainstreaming of protection concerns and the participation of women, PWDs and minority groups.
- The proposed activities are included in the Nigeria humanitarian response plan and will be coordinated with humanitarian partners on the ground through participation in Sector Working Groups.
Geographical scope covered by the analysis:
- The geographical scope of the evaluation will cover Borno and Yobe States, Nigeria (subject to change depending on security concerns).
Purpose and Objectives of the Study
Objectives of the Evaluation:
- The overarching purpose of the evaluation is to assess the overall performance of the project and to determine if it has achieved its intended outputs and outcomes and clearly explaining why or why not through an integrated analysis of the entire result chain (inputs, activities, outputs outcomes and Likelihood of Impact) and contextual factors.
- The evaluation will use DAC criteria (effectiveness, efficiency, relevance, sustainability and impact) in addition the consultant will look at design, coverage and coherence.
Profile of the Evaluator
The evaluation will be carried out by an international/national consultant with the following profile:
- Generalist with knowledge in water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), Health and Nutrition.
- Significant field experience in the evaluation of humanitarian / development projects;
- Relevant Degree / equivalent experience related to the evaluation to be undertaken;
- 3-4 years Years of experience.
- Significant experience in coordination, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs;
- Good communications skills and experience of workshop facilitation;
- Ability to write clear and useful reports (may be required to produce examples of previous work);
- Fluent in English;
- Understanding of donor requirements (USAID/OFDA);
- Ability to manage the available time and resources and to work to tight deadlines;
- Prior experience in Nigeria or knowledge of the NE Nigerian context preferred
- Independence from the parties involved.
Application Closing Date
24th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their expression of interest electronically with subject “PD-ABU-01116-001_EoI for Independent Final Projects Evaluation Consultancy” to: [email protected] in order to receive the full ToR.
Note: Proposal without request of the full ToR will not be accepted.
- Job City Nigeria