The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant to Support RSSH in Conducting Learning
The overarching aim of the GF Resilient & Sustainable Systems for Health [RSSH] project is to improve the health and well-being of the Nigerian people by identifying and addressing systemic issues affecting the optimal delivery of health services in Nigeria. The resulting high-level interventions have been designed to follow the Global Fund’s framework for [RSSH] that is built on the essential building blocks of WHO for a well-functioning health system. One of the key activities in RSSH project is to monitor activities and apply lessons learnt (especially from experience) to allow for mid-term correction. It provides an opportunity to reflect on project implementation, to foster the exchange of knowledge, collate lessons and experience that will support improvement in future implementation such that it will sustain the delivery of quality services.
The learning event (cycle) is designed for inquiry, to foster exchange of knowledge, skills, and experience that will support improvement in future implementation of project activities. Since the inception of active project implementation by RSSH, several activities were conducted, some concluded, some are on-going while others are yet to start. In order to sustain the delivery of quality services, RSSH will review lessons learned and evaluate program activities in collaboration with relevant stakeholders. In line with this specific intervention, the project team is proposing short term technical assistance to facilitate two (2) cycles of learning events.
- The key objective for the short-term technical assistance is to facilitate learning sessions with stakeholders so as to document lesson learnt to inform course correction, provide justification for reprogramming recommendations and also provide information for use in ensuring that activities are properly tailored to continue to meet the needs of the intended beneficiaries within the framework of the project design
- Assess the progress made by RSSH so far (Documentation of achievement)
- Conduct desk review of similar project and share lesson learnt from such implementation
- Facilitate two learning sessions to discuss the lesson learnt and brainstorm on its practical application
- Document lesson learnt so far (what works, what did not work, what needs to improve) from stakeholders and beneficiaries
- Identify any additional learning questions that should be addressed going forward
- Write and submit a final report to RSSH
Estimated level of effort: 30 days
- Report on the desk review of a similar project and RSSH Achievement documentation
- Report of each of the learning session (workshop) with clear recommendations of next steps/action plan
- Comprehensive final reports of the Technical support.
- Minimum qualification of a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Public Health, Epidemiology or related field.
- At least 5 – 10 years of experience on Project design, implementation and closure
- Good knowledge of learning events, procedures and operational procedures.
- Proven experience in HSS project implementation; project monitoring and evaluation as well as performance management.
- Excellent English writing and oral skills.
- Strong technical capabilities and demonstrated the ability to gain the assistance and corporation of others in a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication, resourcefulness, initiative, tact, and negotiating skills, and the ability to cope with the situation which may pose a conflict
- Ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationship.
- Ability to resolve complex problems with minimal supervision
- Proficient in computer skills.
- Job City Abuja