The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Coop Technician I
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Under the supervision of the Executives, the successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Handle loan application and process for the supervisor’s review and recording.
- Assist in the daily update of payment register, prepare and file payment voucher.
- Assist in the entry of transactions into the Accounting System.
- Assist in recording monthly deduction into members ledgers and proper filing of documents.
- Attend to queries as may be directed.
- Perform any other related duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- ATS/National Diploma in Accounting or finance related field plus minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a related role.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Good computer skills with a good grasp of MS office applications (Ms Excel, Ms Word) with good knowledge and use of Accounting Application.
- Good understanding and articulate with figures.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to keep confidential information.
The society offer highly competitive salary obtainable in other departmental cooperatives with fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application below, attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, a professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
- Job City Ibadan, Oyo