myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers by 2026 lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro’s founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
The Country Director develops a culture of operational excellence so that myAgro Senegal meets it’s ambitious targets every year. Supervising a team of more tha 300 FTE staff, a network of more than 1000 Village Entrepreneurs, and 70,000+ customers in 2022, you will be accountable for the success or failure of our program in Senegal. You’ll refine the sales, operations and people processes that underpin myAgro’s work and create an effective company culture. You will report to the Managing Director, Africa and will join myAgro’s Leadership team.
- Inspire and lead the Senegal program; embody our values and model how to succeed at myAgro
- Lead the team to achieve operational excellence through implementing reliable processes and frameworks
- Manage away distractions and help teams and the country prioritize work
- Communicate with and listen to team members, peers and other parties
- Make important staffing decisions, contributing to hiring and onboarding across every department
- Bilingual fluency in French and English
- 3+ years as Country Director or similar work scope (e.g. managing multiple departments, complex business operations)
- Experience coaching others, substantial people management experience
- Experience in operational roles, especially in growing NGOs, businesses or social enterprises.
- Experience planning or overseeing implementation and improvements (not innovation, but consistency and predictability)
Salary and Benefits Offered
- A gross salary equivalent to 150,000 USD per year, non-negotiable.
- Health insurance
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Retirement plan contributions
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
- Job City Thies, Senegal