Do you want to lead Norwegian Church Aid’s transition from a humanitarian mission to a long-term development office in Nigeria? As Country Director, you will be entrusted with managing and building the capacity of the current staff, as well as national partners, initiating and guiding funding processes, and building strong partnerships across all areas of the organization and with colleagues at all levels. Since its establishment in 2017, NCA Nigeria has continued to gain international recognition due to its consistent participation in and leadership of coordination forums with partners, peers and local government stakeholders as well as donors. In 2019, NCA Nigeria’s response targeted the most vulnerable individuals in IDP camps and host communities. Today, our efforts include working with both direct programming for WASH and GBV as well as partnership local partners.
Risk mitigation was achieved through the development of management plans including the development of security management SOPs, liaison with other actors, participation in various logistics, security and INGO fora that fostered a joint approach for stakeholder engagement.
The position is based in Maiduguri, Nigeria and falls under the Department for International programmes, Section for Southern and West Africa. You will be part of a multicultural work environment with highly competent and professional colleagues.
Duties and responsibilities
- Overall management of the NCA teams in Maiduguri and in south Nigeria according to NCA policies
- Strengthen NCA’s relations and coordination with NCA partners, relevant government entities, the UN and other non-governmental and sister-organizations.
- Raise funds for NCA’s work as well as follow-up and ensure compliance with grant agreements including budgeting, monitoring, financial and narrative reporting
- Develop the capacity of our staff and our national partners.
- Manage safety and security in cooperation with NCA’s regional and national security advisors
- Relevant formal, higher education.
- Proven management experience.
- Risk mitigation experience.
- Fluency in English, written and oral, is a requirement
- Experience working with multi-cultural and multi-national teams
- Ability to quickly build rapport with individuals and groups
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to listen and build trust while at the same time establish recognized boundaries.
- The person employed must be loyal to Norwegian Church Aid´s Christian values
- Important and exciting tasks within a humanitarian response
- Important role in a very visible organization, internationally
- R&R scheme with good insurance/pension insurance benefits
In accordance with core humanitarian principles, NCA implements a range of safeguards to prevent or reduce the possibility of humanitarian aid falling into the wrong hands. This includes those individuals and groups who are subject to sanctions by the United Nations Security Council. As part of this process, NCA will screen the details of the successful candidates for this post against the sanctions lists maintained by the UN and by some of NCAs governmental donors. Please be informed that this will only be applicable for international positions and senior national positions.
How to apply
NCA uses an electronic gateway for all recruitment where you can register and submit your CV, write an application / cover letter and attach relevant certificates. Only applicants using this electronic gateway will be considered for the position.
To apply, click the following link; https://kirkensnodhjelp.recman.no/job.php?job_id=164126#. You can change the language in the top right corner and to apply you click apply job over the advert. Fill out all the field and be aware that one field is mandatory, this is “candidate attributes”, once this is filled out you will be able to apply.
- Job City Nigeria