Location: Sout Sudan – Juba, regular missions to the field’ sites requested
Contract duration: one year (possible extension)
Start date of contract: 1st of April 2020
CCM (Comitato Collaborazione Medica) is an Italian NGO operating in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, specialized in health-related projects’ implementation, either in humanitarian and development contexts.
CCM has conducted several interventions in South Sudan since 1983, working mainly in Warrap and Lakes States. CCM is currently leading agency for 2 HPF lots (19 and 6) in supporting local health institutions to manage: a) 2 Hospitals and 21 among Primary Health Care Centers (PHCCs) and Primary Health Care Units (PHCUs) in 2 counties of Greater Tonj (ex Warrap State); and 1 Hospital and 44 among PHCCs and PHCUs in Kapoeta North, East and South. This in order to improve primary and secondary health care services and contribute to meet the MoH priority targets, according to the national health strategies. CCM is also responsible for the management of the Mother Teresa Hospital in Turalei (Twic County) within Lot 18.
In addition, CCM is also the leading agency for UNICEF in Greater Tonj focusing on the treatment of SAM and MAM as well as for the Target Supplementary Feeding Programme for WFP.
Additionally, the current political situation of South Sudan has recently determined a high number of IDPs and refugees. CCM is committed to (i) ensure the emergency response to the current humanitarian crisis; and (ii) preserve the already fragile health system from a possible deterioration and collapse due to the humanitarian crisis.
For further information on the organization, please visit the website at www.ccm-italia.org. **
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Country Representative (CR) officially represents CCM with local authorities and governmental institutions in the Country, with the Italian Embassy, the United Nation System, the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, the European Delegation and with the local offices of International and local Organizations..
- CR represents CCM with partners, project stakeholders and donors. (S)he can be supported by the Health Advisor, Operation Manager and Program coordinators, when it is requested.
- CR protects and promotes CCM’s image and reputation
- The CR is the legal representative of CCM, (s)he manages every legal aspects of the organization in the Country
Strategy of intervention and project design and formulation:
Supported by of the Health Advisor and the Operation Manager/Deputy CR, the CR:
- Searches and/or elaborates documents relevant to the country and the Health sector in order to identify new actions and axes of intervention (WASH, Protection, Food Security);
- According to the Country Strategy and Plan shared with the Head of Projects Sector and the Desk Officer, CR identifies and develops new project proposals to be submitted to local or international donors
- Supported by the country administration, defines yearly plans and evaluates CCM performances in the country both economically, qualitatively and quantitatively always taking into consideration the sustainability of the organization.
- Ensures the formulations of new projects, planning and coordinating the activities with the Head Office (CCM Project Department and South Sudan Desk Officer), Regional and Country Health Advisor. He/She requests to contract external consultants when needed
Supervision and evaluation of the projects’ implementation
- Assures the compliance with CCM Head Office and Donors’ guidelines and requirements about visibility, documentation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Supervises ongoing projects, ensuring regular implementation, respect of objectives and plans (operative, economic and financial), and results’ evaluation. (S)he is supported by the Health Advisor regarding the monitoring and evaluation of every health issues.
- Supervises the preparation, revises and submits all sort of reports (narrative and financial) to the Head Office or to the Donors, according to the established deadlines and the processes and the International Project Department procedures.
- Manages the office where (s)he is based and ensures the correct organization of all CCM basis and offices in the country, in accordance with the CCM guidelines
- Organizes head office missions, including feasibility studies and project evaluations
- Ensures efficient logistics in the Country
- Ensures and facilitates a smooth and effective working relations among volunteers, project managers, Health Advisor and with the HQs
- According to the HQ guidelines about HR management, the CR identifies, constantly updates and enacts the HR internal procedures approved by the HQ.
- (S)he is responsible of all personnel in the country (including consultants and volunteers). The CR identifies local and international staff roles to be recruited for projects or offices, fully collaborating with his/her Program coordinators and direct supervisors at the HQ.
- Supported by the Head Office (Desk Officer) and national Health Advisor and HR function agrees about recruitment process’ stages, identifying also the staff members involved in it based on their roles and specific competences, and also the evaluation of personnel based on regular procedures (specific ones still to be defined).
- Ensures trainings and skills updating for local and international staff members
- Following internal procedures and UN instruction and guidelines protects the security of the staff members. S(he) ensures continue communication and exchange with the Italian Embassy on security.
He/she reports to the Desk Officer for South Sudan at CCM HQ.
- Relevant academic background, post graduate studies in Public Health is an asset
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the role
- Proven experience in implementing and monitoring of development and emergency projects
- Excellent experience in identifying and elaborating new project proposals
- Good administrative skills (budget formulation and management, contracts understanding, reporting)
- Excellent HR managerial skills in very complex and multicultural teams
- Outstanding negotiations and communications capacities both with local and international partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deliver promptly feedbacks
- Strong capacity to organize his/her workload and meet deadlines even under pressure
- High capacity to cope with stress also in volatile and highly insecure contexts.
- Goal mind oriented
- High ability to adapt to very rural contexts where there are poor living conditions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Fluency of both written and spoken English
- Fluency of both written and spoken Italian is an asset *
Please, email your resume with references ‘details (max 4 pages) and your motivation letter (max 1 page) to [email protected]
Please, to help the HR office to consider your application properly, specify in the email subject the vacancy title as follow Country Representative_SouthSudan and rename the file surname_name_Cv or surname_name_Letter
Please, note every resume will be evaluated and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Juba