Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Data Analyst, Data.FI Nigeria
Requisition ID: req12042
- In April 2019, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded the implementation of the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) cooperative agreement to a consortium led by Palladium. Data.FI is a $180 million, 5-year project which will serve as USAID’s primary mechanism for data, technology, and health information systems to support HIV activities across strategic President’s Emergency Program for AIDSRelief (PEPFAR) countries as part of a suite of large-scale global HIV programs representing the next generation of HIV/AIDS programs.
- The project will play a key role in USAID’s goals of helping partner countries on their journey to self-reliance and transitioning local organizations to prime recipients of US Government funding.
- The project’s overall goal is to improve in-depth global, regional, and national analyses of HIV epidemiologic and program data that can be directly applied to expedite the achievement of PEPFAR targets to attain and sustain control of the HIV epidemic.
- The focus also includes directly supporting host country governments and implementing partners to enhance existing health information system platforms further to inform management responses to well-defined HIV/AIDS programming gaps.
- To ensure rapid access to high-quality data, Data.FI is working towards accelerating data utilization to rapidly course-correct and take to scale cost-effective and impactful activities, models, and approaches required to attain and maintain HIV epidemic control; scaling and optimizing in-country health information system capabilities to collect, exchange, adapt, govern, and visualize information to track the attainment and maintenance of HIV epidemic control, and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners.
Purpose of Position
- Palladium is seeking a Data Analyst to support the USAID and Data.FI Nigeria Strategic Information (SI) teams and service delivery implementing partners (IPs) to leverage weekly PEPFAR data to control the HIV epidemic in Nigeria.
- In support of the overall aim of the Data.FI data use strategy to generate demand for data and improve clinical outcomes around testing, linkage, retention, and viral suppression by engaging IPs, LGA stakeholders, and state-level decision-makers; the Data Analyst will provide in-depth analysis of data, support generation reports, and high-quality dashboards and information products for key priority indicators.
- The Analyst will report to the Senior Regional Data Use and Analytics Advisor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support weekly surge reporting for surge and “yellow” states
- Support weekly data analysis of high-frequency reporting (HFR) data
- Support orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program data analysis
- Support semi-annual USAID Data for Accountability, Transparency, and Impact Monitoring (DATIM) performance analysis
- Support data extraction, aggregation, and triangulation from different data sources – automated partner performance reporting (APPR), DATIM, and the National Data Repository (NDR)
- Support the Site Improvement Monitoring System (SIMS)/APPR data follow-up and configuration
- Support the conduct of regular analysis and reviews of national and state-level performance on key priority indicators
- Support development of APPR visualization and compiling user requirements; clarify and document data analysis and reporting needs. Support guidance and insight on data visualization options for dashboard design.
- Support formatting of data architecture and structures necessary to support reports on the APPR and dashboards.
- Support documentation of implementing partners and stakeholders request for APPR and analyses requirements
- Support periodic data quality assessments and SIMS activities
- Support target projection, generation and analysis for HIV care and treatment, and OVC indicators
- Support ad hoc analysis as requested by USAID
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Health Informatics, Computer Science, Monitoring and Evaluation, or another related field.
- A Bachelor’s degree with sufficient years of experience will also be considered.
- At least three to five years’ work experience in data analysis, data formatting, BI (Tableau, Power BI, and other tools), and analytics development or other related analytical projects with recent proven experience developing data visualizations, dashboards, and reporting.
- At least three years’ experience working with health management information systems or routine health information systems
- Experience working with large datasets (on relational and non-relational data stores) and excellent understanding of metadata, District Health Information Software, version 2 (DHIS 2), and patient-level data.
- Advanced data analysis skills and proficiency in statistical or GIS software packages such Stata, SPSS, Epi, QGIS, etc.
- Proficiency in the development of infographics and packaging of information products
- Experience working with HIV/AIDS programs, including DHIS 2 preferred
- Job City Nigeria