Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Data Analyst – Nigeria IHP
Job Ref: req8220
Location: Ningi, Bauchi
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Integrated Health Project (IHP) aims to strengthen local capacity and systems to contribute to reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality in target states, and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality primary healthcare.
- Data Analyst is responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting HMIS data.
- Responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting HMIS data;
- Analyzes and troubleshoots HMIS user issues to implement a resolution or escalate the case to Pathways staff;
- Provides ongoing training and technical assistance to HMIS users via email, phone, and webcast, and on site as appropriate;
- Leads the development and implementation of data quality, management, and analysis plans;
- Provides on-site data quality assessment of LGA, health facilities, and others by assisting with implementation planning, including data entry process improvement;
- Prepares regular and ad-hoc reports, analysis, presentations, charts, graphs, and other documents as assigned;
- Performs data quality checks and monitors for gaps.
- Reports to HMIS Specialist
- The Data Analyst will have some experience and up-to-date knowledge and skills in MIS and M&E for health systems and healthcare provision.
- S/he must be familiar with the HMIS data context at the State level and working with health facilities and LGA for data collection, reporting and use.
- S/he should have experience with USAID / International donor programs.
Additional qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s degree / HND in Demography, Statistics, Information Technology, Public Health Information Management or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of working with HMIS for public health.
- Experience in using NHMIS Tools and DHIS2
- Competency in MS Word and Excel. Experience using statistical software a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience in facilitation of training workshops and onsite mentoring of health workers
- Fluent in English (written and oral communication) and Hausa.
- Job City Bauchi