Data Analyst, Nigeria Monitoring Project, Abuja, Nigeria
The purpose of the Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is to establish a third-party monitoring system to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) and the Office of Food for Peace (FFP). The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism for OFDA and FFP programs in Nigeria that will increase OFDA, FFP, and their partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects.
Please note: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position
The Data Analyst will provide technical advice, assistance, and guidance to the program office, technical teams and implementing partners on issues related to the Mission’s monitoring and evaluation activities for the Abuja and Maiduguri offices. The Data Analyst will play a significant role in helping to manage all datasets and data systems. The Data Analyst will also play an integral role in the drafting, editing and overall quality control of Third-Party Monitoring reports, studies, and other NMP reporting deliverables. The position reports directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) with oversight provided by the Chief of Party (COP).
- Create and manage project datasets and data systems
- Produce monthly statistical and analysis reports
- Respond to routine and ad hoc data inquires from USAID and partners
- Perform data quality control reviews in coordination with local field coordinators (both scheduled and ad hoc) as required
- Develop draft data visualization products in conjunction with MSI home office support
- Conduct data quality assessments (DQAs) to determine the validity, reliability and integrity of performance data gathered to monitor program performance as required.
- Help support in the preparation of comprehensive performance monitoring plans.
- Provide advice to NMP management on data collection, reporting methodologies and instruments to identify any systemic flaws and to support the development of systems that produce consistent, cost-effective, reliable, and timely data and reports.
- Support the development of tools, such as PowerPoint presentations, to further disseminate findings, conclusions and recommendations in a format that is user-friendly and suitable for collaboration, learning and adaptation.
- Assist in the creation and review of NMP data collection instruments and data collection plans
- Assist the DCOP and COP with other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree in economics, political science, international development, social sciences, statistics or related fields is required. Master’s degree or equivalent is desired.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional-level experience in monitoring and evaluation of donor-funded projects (e.g. USAID, DFID, etc.) or related sector program management, and technical/monitoring and evaluation skills are required.
- Experience in strategic planning, design and application of methods and strategies to produce, analyze and use data, and share/communicate information with a variety of actors in different environments.
- Experience with common statistical packages, such as STATA, R, SPSS, SAS and power user knowledge of Excel
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English are required.
- Must have strong inter-personal skills such as communication, negotiation, representational and program/project management and coordination, time management, quantitative and analytical skills with ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively with professionals.
The candidate will have strong organizational skills, ability to interact effectively with international and national staff, vendors, subcontractors and clients. He/she will possess strong English language verbal and written communication and will be a solid team player. He/she will possess a demonstrated ability to multi-task, be a strategic thinker and operate with genuine dedication to program support.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
- Job City Abuja