Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill CCCM Database Officer position in Semera, Ethiopia.
This Database Officer position is under the AME department and will be reporting directly to the AME officer or Coordination. This person should manage the beneficiaries’ database of ACTED project in the field and act as focal point for ACTED project data, and provide data/information of ACTED ongoing and closed projects to project team, AME department and Coordination on timely manner.
- Data processing and management:
1.1 To maintain up to date beneficiaries’ databases as required, including across all relevant programs and supporting all relevant departments /units
1.2. To collate and file all documents needed for the database and enter each beneficiary into the project database for all projects.
1.3. To double check beneficiary data is registered in database system according to the project SOPs and project requirements;
1.4. Ensure strong data protection and control over all beneficiaries data, during data collection, data entry, data analysis and data filtering
1.5. Ensure the hard copy of documents are well protected in filled in locked cabinet and accessible only to authorized staff;
1.6. Ensure in case of share beneficiary databases for internal or external use, get a written approval of line manager and Coordination;
2.1 To share monthly reports with his/her supervisor on the monthly task and duty.
2.2. Provide database report to relevant authorized ACTED department
3.1. To ensure that up-to-date files are maintained, both electronically and in paper form;
3.2. To perform accurate filing of all processed documents, monthly consolidated filing of key project documents in his/her area offices.
· Good command of at least one major database technology, (for example: Access, Excel), in addition to good general knowledge of database management
· At least 3 to 4 years experience and database, data management
– Experience of working with large scale data management organizations or INGOs are preferred
· Flexibility and adaptability are essential, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative and organize work independently. In addition, impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality are imperative
· It is necessary at a bare minimum to read and speak enough English to use the software and correctly classify information in English
· Able to speak, read and understand the local/regional common languages i.e. Afaraf language
· Willingness to learn and capacity to innovate: The Database Officer must be inventive and eager to improve his or her own skills, and be capable to adapt, shape and develop tools best suited for ACTED’s activities.
· Good organizational and communication skills with international and national staff.
How to Apply
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to [email protected] and received on or before 5.00PM on 28TH October 2021 with the subject line “CCCM Database Officer – Semera”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that ACTED reserves the right to shortlist candidates on ongoing basis. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job City Semera, Afar