FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally-driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Chief of Party/Director Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBC) (hereafter referred to as DCOP), for an upcoming health-focused social and behavior change (SBC) project in Ghana. This position will be based in Accra, Ghana. Local nationals, third-country nationals and expatriates are eligible to apply.
Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
- Supports the project’s Chief of Party (COP) in developing and implementing an overall vision and leadership for the project and the project team.
- Leads the of annual workplans, budgets and ensure successful implementation.
- Supports the project’s COP in the technical and management responsibility for all project personnel.
- Works closely with other USAID-funded projects in ensuring alignment between SBC strategies and needs of regional and district health management teams, health care workers and clients.
- Serves as one of the project leaders in representation to USAID/Ghana, the Ministry of Health, Ghana Health Service, other donors and institutions, technical agencies and other participating organizations as required.
- Responsible for addressing agreement-related issues, including ensuring that FHI360’s financial controls and systems comply with generally accepted accounting practices that meet USAID standards, and that all activity-procured materials and equipment are safeguarded and prudently and responsibly used.
- Directs the drafting and editing of reports, press releases, communication products (flyers, posters, leaflets, booklets, health worker job aids, etc.) and other documents as required. Demonstrated ability to convert technically complex concepts into plain language desired.
- Leads the response to the specified deliverables, goals of contracts and grant agreements, ensuring achievements in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with FHI360 contractual requirements.
- Completes detailed strategy write-ups, work plans, and delivers quarterly reports and all other reporting requirements.
- Liaises and manages partner organizations involved in country program activities and builds capacity of local organizations and Ghana Health Service elements through the development and implementation of capacity assessments, training courses and other capacity strengthening activities.
- Responsible for the successful implementation of the project and for providing general program and technical direction as well as completion of required reports.
- Manages development of and monitors work plans and budgets; ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance in program operations; coordinates partner efforts in program implementation; and ensures appropriate program monitoring and reporting.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in public health, communication, social sciences, social and behavior change, international development, or a related field.
- Senior project management experience with at least 7 years in the implementation and management of large social and behavior change health projects, with demonstrated experience in health communications.
- Experience in using social and behavior change approaches to promote healthy behaviors and increase utilization of services in at least one of the following: family planning, maternal child health, nutrition, malaria, water, sanitation and nutrition.
- Knowledge of the relevant health issues in Ghana a requirement.
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies, procedures and approaches related to program design/implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally as requested.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
- Job City Accra, Ghana