Creative Associates seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Tunisia focused on legislative strengthening. The Deputy Chief of Party will act as the Chief of Party (COP) and serve as the principal point of contact for all procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the COP for a donor-funded activity-based project in an active conflict environment. S/he will provide oversight of program planning, procurement plans, monitoring and evaluation, training, implementation, program staff recruitment, deployment and development, and building and maintaining relations with government officials, donor personnel, sub-contractors, and partners to ensure program goals are met. The position is located in Tunis, Tunisia.
Reporting and Supervision:
This position reports to the COP in Tunis, Tunisia.
- In close cooperation with the COP, builds and maintains relations with partner organizations, donor personnel, and vendors to ensure effective program implementation;
- Oversees program planning, implementation and quality control;
- Supervises the development and implementation of activities, sets targets and monitors timelines in order to ensure the timely completion and closure of activities;
- Advises and assists a team of local staff in Tunis in the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of program activities;
- Ensures that program implementation is in accordance with donor rules and regulations, and Creative’s policies and procedures;
- Ensures that project deliverables are submitted to the client on time and in accordance with donor procedures;
- Serves as the primary point of contact for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the COP;
- Coordinates with HQ on all tracker, payment and activity issues and/or needs;
- Coordinates with project partners on management and administrative issues as well as technical issues on as needed basis;
- Mentors staff and finds ways to enhance staff development;
- Oversees implementation of project reporting and monitoring and evaluation activities; and
- Performs other duties as assigned by the COP.
- Minimum of an advanced degree in law, political science, international development, or a related field;
- At least six (6) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of international development and legislative activities, preferably under a USAID-funded project – three (3) years of which shall have been in senior management including direct supervision of professional and support staff;
- Intimate familiarity with donor rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated experience building local and national institutional capacity to independently implement effective and accountable program activities;
- Experience coordinating sensitive program activities in coordination with high-level government officials, including embassy staff, the client, host country government ministries, and other key stakeholders;
- Financial management experience, including budgeting; financial management (tracking, reporting, and accounting); and procurement;
- Proficiency in written and spoken French and Arabic; and
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Prior experience as DCOP or team leader for a donor-funded project;
- Experience engaging women, youth, and marginalized groups to ensure their inclusion; and,
- Proficiency in written and spoken French and Arabic.
- Job City Tunis