University Research Co., LLC is seeking for a Deputy Chief of Party/Technical Director for a 5-year CDC-funded project designed to build local capacity for the delivery of sustainable, high-quality, and comprehensive HIV/AIDS/TB prevention, treatment, care, and support services. Using a data-driven approach, this project will impact Swaziland’s capacity to effectively control, treat and prevent HIV/AIDS and HIV/tuberculosis co-infections in general and key populations in the Lubombo region and across Swaziland.
The position will assist the Country Director in ensuring the overall success of URC Swaziland’s project/s. S/he will have technical oversight of project, including the analysis of field-based needs assessments and monitoring and evaluation reports which analyze best practices and lessons learned, will be in charge of the technical capacity-building of project staff in support of career development and superior performance and will work closely with members of a multidisciplinary team to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of interventions. She/he will be expected to employ a “hands-on” technical approach to URC Swaziland’s project/s.
- Provide technical leadership and managerial oversight for the project and ensure the efficient implementation of project activities and the timely reporting of those activities to CDC, and URC headquarters
- Promote a team approach that emphasizes high level performance, creative approaches, review and analysis of data, the achievement of project goals and results and a collegial approach that is focused on assisting one another to succeed for project staff in Swaziland, as well as the support team members at the headquarters
- Advise the Country Director in alignment of human resources with project work plans and emerging Scope of Work from the donors, URC and partners including on external sourcing of human resources and consultants
- Set direction and coordinate annual work plan development, implementation, and review and ensure alignment with Ministry of Health and URC frameworks and strategies
- Direct efforts to write concept notes and new programs to address emerging health and programming challenges identified by donors, host countries or through the work we do
- Contribute to the project knowledge management system
- Work closely with Monitoring and Evaluation Director to produce technical and program reports as well as other necessary reports as required and support the monitoring and evaluation role
- In consultation with the COP, work with Director Finance to ensure budget alignment with work plan activities and within budget implementation monitoring.
- Act in place of the Country Director as required
- Support regional and national offices by actively participating in strategy development, planning interventions to address gaps identified from routine data and during program reviews/evaluations and implementing capacity building initiatives related to HIV & AIDS to ensure high quality program implementation
- In collaboration with the Country Director, adapt and implement management systems with standard operating procedures to administer all activities funded by the agreement
- Degree in Medicine is required
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or a related field is required
- A minimum of 10 years experience working as a senior level manager managing public health programs in developing countries
- Demonstrated experience in program management and administration and contract compliance on CDC/USAID projects is required
- In depth experience in HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, care, and support of, PMTCT, HIV/TB and health systems strengthening
- Must have a proven track record of building teams and fostering collaboration to achieve goals, meet milestones, and produce high quality written qualitative, quantitative, and narrative deliverables
- Oral and written fluency in English is required
- Must be willing to travel within Swaziland
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead through networks, build consensus, and mentor other leaders across a broad range of professional disciplines
- Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies, NGOs, private sector groups, CDC, USAID, PEPFAR, and other donor organizations.
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.
- Job City Mbabane