Fixed-term contract – 12 months
Starting date : 14th of January 2022
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in NIGERIA
Our mission in NIGERIA has been open since 2016. PUI develops its integrated approach with mainly in Health, Nutrition and Protection, Furthermore, PUI works on MHPSS, Food Security (cash transfer) and Early Recovery and Livelihood. Today, the mission is implementing 2 projects.
What about the Deputy Field Coordinator for Programs Maiduguri?
As Deputy Field Coordinator for Programs, you will be responsible for monitoring the effective implementation of the program at the base level and for monitoring PUI’s contractual obligations and reporting. You will also be responsible for representing PUI on programmatic issues to other humanitarian actors and to technical and administrative state authorities at the local level.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Strategic Development, follow-up of operations and reporting: You will coordinate the project teams through the program managers and ensure the proper implementation of the operational and qualitative aspects of the programs (objectives monitoring, respect of deadlines and budgetary deadlines, quality control, team synergy in accordance with the contractual documents and in compliance with PUI policies and procedures. You will ensure that contractual obligations are respected and coordinate the writing of reports. You will ensure that the programs developed are in line with PUI’s mandate and strategy and will propose new interventions according to the evolution of the humanitarian situation in the region.
- MEAL: You will coordinate the MEAL department and ensure the implementation of the activities of this department as well as the interactions with the programs and the design of relevant tools.
- Representation: You will participate in technical forums (working groups) at the local level in collaboration with the project leaders. You will assist the Field Co in coordination meetings between NGOs or with political and administrative authorities.
- Human Resources: You will be the direct supervisor of the project managers in this base and will ensure that appropriate support and capacity building is provided to senior program staff.
- Logistics and Administration: You will support the project managers in supervising the logistical and administrative tasks of the projects with the support of the logistics and administration departments.
The challenges that await you:
Diverse activities in a large multi-sectorial intervention, with distinct challenges. Recently digitized MEAL tools, Program teams adjusting to them Communication gaps between the different departments
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Master‘s degree in a field related to project management, international development and/or social sciences.
- Experience: You are strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience in project management and/or monitoring, and at least 2 years as a humanitarian project manager. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You master the methodology and the project management cycle, you have competences in studies and diagnosis. If you have knowledge of humanitarian donors, of database management and statistical software packages, it would be appreciated.
- Qualities: You have strong leadership and management skills, the ability to make decisions, a sense of analysis (discernment, pragmatism) and synthesis. You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate organization, rigor, flexibility, and a strong commitment to support/build capacity of project leaders. You also have a good resilience to stress.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak, Arabic and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Fascinating integrated community-based programing, with strong engagement with the community (IDPs and host community). Great experience to develop a stronger comprehensive support to the affected community, and built the first steps towards development interventions. Very capable team of national and international staff, with great dynamics between Maiduguri, Monguno and Coordination teams. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 1 980,00 – 2 310,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
- Job City Maiduguri, Nigeria