Director, Finance and Operations
The Director of Finance and Operations will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting.
- Master’s Degree in epidemiology, demography, bio-statistics or related discipline.Five years of experience in monitoring, evaluation and research in health development programs of similar size and complexity in Nigeria or a similar setting.
- Three years of experience managing MEL responsibilities for USG-funded programs.
- Knowledge of and compliance to Federal Acquisition Regulations; Strong financial and operational management experience, and with proven management skills;
- Prior USAID contract experience; and
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language.
- Develops program budgets with teams and monitors budget pipelines;
- Provides timely and accurate financial reports to FHI 360 and USAID as required;
- Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to senior management team;
- Manages internal and external financial audits of the program;
- Ensures continual review of internal and strategic controls, communications, risk assessments and maintenance of documentation;
- Supports subcontractors as needed to ensure sound financial management and operations;
- Ensures that sub-contracts, sub-grants and local consultancy documents and procedures are completed in a timely and correct manner and comply with FHI 360 and USAID policies and regulations; and
- Provides overall financial and administrative coordination and support to ensure an effective and efficient operating platform for the project.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Job City Kano