At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International vision is a world where everyone, everywhere is free from malnutrition and able to reach their full potential. Nutrition International (NI) Strategy and Growth unit is responsible for Resource Mobilization with a key focus on Pitch investment case, Increase + diversify donor base, and Build a resource mobilization global culture. The unit comprises a global team of professionals located in our regional offices Asia, Africa, and our headquarters in Ottawa, Canada. Nutrition International Resource Mobilization is seeking applications for Director of Fund Development, Africa to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
You will have a master’s degree in International Development /MBA from a recognized university. At least 10 years’ experience working in fundraising and/or proposal development with an International Development Organization. Experience in managing donor grants and relationships at the country, regional, and global levels. Knowledgeable on development issues, strategies, and programming policies and procedures in international development. Ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan, and execute ideas. Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in French is an added advantage.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Leading processes of resource mobilization and donor engagement to execute Nutrition International’s Resource Mobilization Strategy in the Africa Region and are aligned with Nutrition International’s global strategy.
- Leading on the acquisition of new regional grants by negotiating contracts with the donor, ensuring Nutrition International’s core needs and interests are met under the guidance of the Regional Director and advice from Corporate Services.
- Maintaining and strengthening donor relationships at regional and country levels, developing engagement strategies for each donor or group of donors.
- Supporting Country Directors (CDs) and their teams in the development of country strategies, investment plans, and formulating their annual resource development, targets, and strategies.
- Providing strategic direction for grants acquisition in the Africa region in alignment with country office needs and initiatives and global initiatives.
- Lead capacity development planning for Resource mobilization in the Africa region in liaison with the Director for Resource Mobilization, through mentoring and coaching
What we offer
Nutrition International offers a highly competitive market pay, including health and wellness benefits, pension plan, flexible work hours, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays), and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable, and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
For more detailed information about the role, please click on the Job Description. Please click on the Apply button below to submit your application.
- Job City Kenya