EnCompass seeks a Director-level expert to manage a complex portfolio Operations / Finance Manager candidates for an anticipated United States Agency for International Development (USAID) monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) program in Nigeria. This anticipated 5-year project will provide USAID/Nigeria with a central platform for the procurement of support services that will strengthen, support, and facilitate USAID’s capacity for utilizing MEL approaches that will improve development outcomes and strengthen the capacity of USAID/Nigeria’s strategic partners. It is also anticipated that this project will seek to improve USAID’s ability to monitor and track the performance of their in-country portfolio, along with the Mission’s ability to collaborate, learn, and adapt (CLA) across this portfolio. The program will also provide support to USAID/Nigeria and implementing partners on performance monitoring, data verification, evaluations, organizational learning and capacity building, and knowledge management
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Director will serve as the overall lead for all financial and administrative (F&A) aspects of the project. Potentially managing a small team, s/he will serve as the lead for accounting, finance, invoicing, procurement and other F&A functions as required by the contract. S/he will work directly with the Chief of Party to ensure full compliance in accordance with USAID rules and regulations, functioning of financial processes as well as maintaining internal controls for all activities.
The position will be full-time and be based in Abuja with travel throughout the country.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Maintain oversight of finance, procurement, human resources, and operational activities of the field office
- Establish procedures for stewardship of financial operations, including accounting/banking, payroll, subcontracting, procurement, etc.
- Ensure all activities and operations maintain compliance with local laws and USAID rules and regulations
- May develop, execute, and manage consultant, subcontractor, and vendor agreements, authorize and approve payments to consultants, subcontractors, and vendors
- May manage local payroll and reporting
- Develop, analyze, and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets
- Execute all budget and financial tracking and reporting requirements and respond to related inquiries by USAID and the EnCompass Home Office in a timely fashion
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related discipline; a graduate degree is preferred
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience managing, in roles of increasing responsibility: finance, procurement, accounting, logistics and/or human resource related matters for international development activities of a similar contract size
- Knowledge of US Government financial reporting and compliance processes and requirements, particularly relative to USAID highly desired
- Knowledge of applicable Nigerian laws and policies on financial and procurement procedures and human resources
Experience and Skills
- Strong capabilities in Microsoft Excel highly preferred
- Experience supporting donor funded procurements and subcontracts preferred
- Previous experience working in USAID-funded programs desirable
- Experience managing complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Familiarity with USAID/Nigeria Mission is preferred
- Superior skills in English, both written and verbal, required. Proficiency in local language(s) preferred.
- Nigerian citizens are strongly encouraged to apply
EnCompass LLC is a women-owned, small business consulting firm working in International Development, and offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe. We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.
Founded in 1999, EnCompass began as a virtual organization supporting clients and implementing work through a network of staff and expert consultants. Today, we have more than 110 full-time staff and a Global Consulting Network, our vetted database of specialists, through which we engage, on average, 200 consultants each year. In early 2017, EnCompass opened its first international office in Addis Ababa for Transform: a Primary Health Care project. In 2019, we set up our second field office in Lima, Peru. We maintain a full-time staff presence in Benin, Ethiopia, Germany, Great Britain, Peru, and Uganda.
- Job City Abuja