Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Director of Trade Policy and Promotion, Agricultural Competitiveness – Nigeria
Duration: 5 years
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium is recruiting for the anticipated USAID-funded Nigeria Agriculture Competitiveness project.
- The goal of the project is to create a catalytic investment mechanism which links smallholder farmers to the private sector and to create a positive business enabling environments for thriving agribusiness sector.
Purpose of Position
- Palladium seeks a Director of Trade Policy and Promotion for the USAID-funded Nigeria opportunity in Agriculture Competitiveness.
- Support the project with agriculture and food systems policy leadership.
- Provides mentoring and capacity building to the government and civil society to inform issues around seed policy, trade policy, food safety, phytosanitary standards are more.
- Provide leadership for advocacy initiatives around key policy triggers to promote enhanced competitiveness for Nigerian agriculture commodities.
- This position may require technical leadership in agribusiness, agriculture policy, finance, marketing, enterprise development.
- Legal and policy reform experience is preferred.
- Prior USAID Deputy, Chief of Party experience required.
- A Master’s degree in Agriculture Economics, Policy, Business, Agricultural Science, Economics, Marketing, Trade or other relevant graduate degree
- 5-7 years’ experience for the agriculture policy specialist is required.
- Prior experience in Nigeria is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: agriculture, enterprise and agribusiness, food safety, public private partnerships, market linkages, agriculture/rural finance.
- A demonstrated ability to lead multi-faceted teams and solve problems when needed.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Nigerian Nationals Strongly Encouraged to Apply
- Job City Abuja