For Somali Nationals Only
Design and Monitoring Evaluation (DME) Officer-II-Health and Nutrition.
The Design Monitoring and Evaluation (DM&E) Officer will provide overall technical monitoring and evaluation support to all World Vision-Health and Nutrition Projects in Puntland. The incumbent will closely work with the Project Manager-Health and Nutrition to set, monitor and evaluate project performance targets in line with project objectives and to ensure that they are achieved. The candidate will be responsible for guiding the overall implementation of monitoring, evaluation and accountability related activities within the projects and provide timely and relevant information to the project staff. The DME Officer will also be responsible for strengthening the project M&E capacity, regularly monitor and evaluate the results to improve project performance; ensuring monitoring, evaluation and reported is practiced as a means to growing and maintaining a culture of providing credible, reliable, timely and cost effective information for management decisions, accountability and learning in alignment with the project cycles
- Assessment, Design & Planning
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
- Humanitarian & Programme Accountability
- DME Capacity Strengthening
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
- Must adhere to set security standards
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Cross – cultural sensitivity, flexibility and emotional maturity
- Ability to exhibit exemplary life style as interpreted in specific local cultural context
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Educational level required: A minimum of a University degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Statistics, Community Development, Development Studies or any related field.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Analysis using qualitative and/ quantitative methods including use of participatory methods and tools for planning, monitoring & evaluation
- Professional technical skill desired: Knowledge of the SPHERE standards, Humanitarian Accountability Partnerships; other international humanitarian standards and other capacity building skills.
- Experience: Minimum of three years’ work experience in community based programming, local government or work with NGOs or humanitarian agencies, of which at least two years must be in monitoring & evaluation.
- Other: Proficiency in English and Somali local language is a must.
- Computer literacy is required working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power point, statistical packages as SPSS.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Field-based with 90% frequent domestic travel to the field
Travel: 10 % Domestic/International travel may be required.
- Job City Garowe