Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #084/2020
Qualifications and Employment Perspectives for Refugees and Host Communities in Ethiopia Programme (QEP)
The Qualifications and Employment Perspectives for Refugees and Host Communities in Ethiopia Programme (QEP) implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been initiated against the background of integrating refugees into vocational training. Ethiopia is currently hosting more than 700.000 refugees, making it the second largest host country in Africa. Thus, QEP supports the Ethiopian government in five regions of the country to expand labour-market relevant training provisions for refugees and Ethiopians. The project establishes linkages between the TVET sector and the private sector to support the integration of TVET graduates, Ethiopians and refugees, into the labour market.
The overall objective of QEP is the improve employment perspectives of refugees and host communities in Somali region, Benishangul-Gumuz region, Gambella region, Tigray region and Addis Ababa. QEP implements its activities in the areas of improved TVET quality, improved and expanded access to TVET and employment promotion and entrepreneurship advice for above mentioned target groups and regions.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Safe and responsible driving of project/program vehicles;
- Routine maintenance and care of project/program vehicles;
- Follow-up on all available information concerning street conditions, effective routes and locations;
- Running official errands and assisting with other office services.
Driving and chauffeuring
- Drives project/program vehicles safely and transport staff, official project/program visitors, and guests to official destinations
- Assists in the transport of project/program goods
Maintenance of cars
- Cleans the inside and outside of the project/program vehicle regularly
- Checks oil, water, brake and clutch fluids on a daily basis; tyre pressures, battery water, and overall vehicle condition on a monthly basis or after 5000 km, whichever comes earlier; tests lights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
- Keeps vehicle logbook on a daily basis and registers each monthly check
- Reports the need for maintenance and undertakes minor repairs
- Immediately reports any involvement of the project/office vehicle in any, even minor accidents, or any damages or theft of equipment from the vehicle.
- Follows-up and carefully uses all available information to update knowledge of street conditions, effective routes and locations
- Exchanges this information with other drivers
- Serves all passengers in a friendly manner
- Up on request, perform as a guide to visitors
- Runs errands for the project/office e.g. delivery of letters/messages, payment of bills, makes minor purchases of office supplies and makes frequent visits to the bank for the process of financial documents
- Accomplishes the “Trip Record Book” correctly and accurately
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
- If there is no outside driving activity, s/he stands by in the office, supports other colleagues in case of need, and does other office work as assigned
- Reports any incidents whilst off duty that may affect his/her driving license entitlement, as well as any newly known health problems that may affect his/her ability to drive
- Assists in driving employees from other projects and counterparts, if and when required
- Assists in and/or carries out other project activities and tasks, as assigned
- Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties; if required. special training programs shall be identified and selected jointly with the GIZ programme management
- Secondary school.
- At least 3 years of working experience as a driver with references
- No history of major accidents within the past 3 years
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- English language skills in speaking and ideally in writing
- Discipline and punctuality
- Stress tolerance and patience
- Familiarity with area where project/program is situated
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Email: [email protected]
Note: – Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Driver (Shire) #084/2020 in the subject line of your email application.
Due to large number of applications we categorize applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
- Job City Shire, Tigray