“FHI Solutions NIGERIA”
Position Title: Driver
Supervisor: Finance and Admin Officer
Location: State Office (Kano, Sokoto, Yobe, Borno)
The Nigeria Alive & Thrive (A&T) MIYCN social and behavior change program focuses on improving the delivery and expanding the coverage of MIYCN interventions that contribute to reducing maternal, newborn and child mortality and morbidity. A&T will work across the public and NGO sectors to improve MIYCN through A&T’s four components: advocacy, interpersonal communication and community mobilization, mass communication, and strategic use of data. At the national level, A&T will predominantly work with its public and NGO sector partners to improve the implementation, monitoring, and enforcement of key MIYCN policies (e.g., Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes; maternity leave; workplace support; breastfeeding-friendly health care and delivery facilities). A&T will also work in seven states—Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi, Yobe, Borno, and Sokoto—to apply the four components to reach households, communities, and facilities with targeted, age-appropriate social and behavior change communication (SBCC) messaging on MIYCN practices.
At both the national level and in the seven states, emphasis will be to build the capacity of the public sector (primary healthcare facilities) and local NGOs/CBOs to improve MIYCN practices, advance MIYCN policies, expand the promotion of positive social norms, and extend timed and age-appropriate behavior change messaging through commercial facilities to households and communities.
Alive & Thrive is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and managed by FHI Solutions.
Under the direction of the Finance and Admin Officer, the driver shall provide a variety of transportation support to the project.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Convey FHI Solutions Nigeria Staff and Consultants to designated approved locations.
- Ensure adequate safety, cleanliness, security, and maintenance of the assigned project vehicle.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and necessary spare parts.
- Plan route and requirements by studying schedule or ad-hoc requests by the office.
- Ensure passengers adhere to all road safety regulations.
- Fulfill special requests by picking up and delivering items as directed and running errands
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Matured and willing to work at odd hours.
- Good written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Secondary school leaving certificates, apprentice certificate or any other equivalen
- Certificates with a minimum of 2-years’ experience.
- Must have a trade test certificate and a valid driving license.
- Must have expert knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Experience as a driver mechanic will be an added advantage.
- Experience with large complex organizations preferred.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
- Job City Nigeria