The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recover of livelihood of disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response.
The Driver main responsibilities includes safe transportation of IRC personnel and IRC materials and care and maintenance of IRC vehicles and their accessories. Under the supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, the Driver provide transport services for IRC business under Adama field office project sites.
- Strict adhere to the IRC’s vehicle policies and procedures, including the use of seatbelts by all passengers.
- Daily and pre-long distance vehicle checks. Accurate upkeep of the vehicle’s log sheet.
- Maintaining the vehicle clean, fuelled and mechanically sound.
- Inspecting and maintaining all vehicle accessories.
- Advising the SC manager of pending inspections, insurance renewal or any defects or problems.
- Documents all fuel and other expenditure regularly and properly.
- Reports promptly to the Supply Chain officer losses, malfunctions or accidents in writing immediately events occur.
- Keeps vehicles clean and make minor mechanical services as required.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
- TVET Diploma or High School graduate.
- Minimum driving experiences of 3 years for TVET Diploma and 4 years for High School graduate. NGO experience is a plus.
- 3rd Grade Valid Driving License is a must requirement.
- Good command of spoken and written English, Amharic and Afaan Oromo. Afaan Oromo language is a must requirement.
- Thorough knowledge of road rules and regulations.
- Skills in routine vehicle maintenance and minor repair
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities
- Drivers must display an attitude and behavior that reflects well on both themselves and the IRC.
- Job City Oromia