The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. For more information, visit website: http://www.icrc.org/.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Drivers- Light Vehicle Base in Harrar
- Drives Light Vehicles to transport people and/or material in strict adherence to internal security rules and national traffic laws.
- Constantly monitors security conditions on the road.
- Ensures that goods are stored inside the vehicle according to local, international and ICRC safety standards (attachment and distribution of goods, etc.).
- Checks their assigned vehicle(s)’ equipment, general functioning and body condition and ensures that it is kept fuelled and clean inside and out.
- Checks that trips have been authorized where necessary.
- Immediately reports accidents, defects and/or missing equipment
- Minimum Secondary School Diploma.
- 3rdGrade or equivalent Driving license held for at least three years.
- Knowledge (spoken and written) of English, Local language Amharic and Oromifa is mandatory
- Knowledge of other local language(s) is an asset
Professional Experience Required
- 3 Years minimum Experience, (NGO and International Organization work experience is an asset.)
- Automobile maintenance experience (oil checks, changing tyres, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of mechanics.
- Good knowledge of the area of assignment
How to Apply
. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (in front of EIAR, around Egziabher Ab Church, Megenagna) OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 5701, Addis Ababa. (Please indicate clearly the duty station of interest on your application)
Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Closing date for application: May 25, 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Harar, Oromia