“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations,
we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences,
where everyone can live in dignity”
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
HI registered in Egypt with the Ministry of Social Solidarity in 2013. Since then, HI has been implementing various programs to promote access to inclusive and adapted services for Persons with Disabilities & vulnerable groups. Presently, HI is implementing multiple projects that aim to:
- Integrate early detection of disability and early intervention within Primary Healthcare in Greater Cairo,
- Foster access to employment and livelihood opportunities for persons with disabilities, youth and women in Greater Cairo and Upper Egypt;
- Provide technical assistance to local and international actors to enhance the inclusion of persons with disabilities in different plans and projects in Greater Cairo,
- Support prevention of COVID-19 infections and to mitigate its socio-economic impact on vulnerable population. Further, HI has extensive experience in leading or contributing to multi-actor interventions.
Currently, HI is part of two consortiums with international and national NGOs to reinforce access to health care for vulnerable groups in Greater Cairo as well as to enhance Protection and Empowerment of most vulnerable children and youth. HI’s main strategic orientation for 2020-2023 will focus on sustaining the promotion and achievements of inclusive attitudes on protection and access to services in the whole emergency – development cycle to obtain positive changes in the living conditions of the most vulnerable groups in Egypt.
Under the responsibility of the Regional Technical Unit Manager (RTUM) and the Functional Management of the Regional Health & Rehabilitation Field Technical Specialist, as ECD field specialist, you contribute to the implementation of the HI mandate and the operational strategy of HI MEREP program in the field of Early Childhood Development, with a focus on Egypt (at least 90% of her/his time). You ensure optimal quality and impact of the project implemented in Egypt, through a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. You share with all HI managers the responsibility of a sound management and successful functioning of the global organization, through paradigm changes. Your expertise on ECD may occasionally be mobilized by the RTUM to provide strategic and/or operational ad-hoc support to the other countries in MEREP.
The day-to-day supervision and coordination between you and the Egypt team will be delegated by the RTUM to Egypt Country Manager.
You will have functional technical supervision over other technical positions that support Early Childhood Development project in Egypt.
You will also provide technical follow up of consultants, in your sector of expertise, to ensure they align with HI technical framework.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POST
The position has 3 main objectives to reach:
· Expertise: you bring traversal ECD technical expertise in Egypt ECD project. You ensure relevance of technical practices in Egypt ECD project implementation and possibly participate in the design stage of a new ECD Egypt project and ECD strategy development. You will also lead or support the development of technical documents and tools and trainings. You will have the objective to harmonize practices of Early Detection (ED) and Early Intervention (EI) within ECD Egypt project. You will guide the project staff, in particular ECD Technical Officers, and its partner, in the respect of ECD technical standards based on international guidelines and HI MNCH policy paper. You will also have to participate and so enrich the pool of regional expertise bringing the know-how on ECD and contributing in team sensitisation, training, and research on ECD. If necessary, you will have to support relevant HR tasks (hiring and guiding consultancies, Technical Officer, trainers, etc).
· Influence: you create effective network with other ECD technical actors in Egypt and support missions to foster partnerships.
· Business Development: you will be up-to date on the last international practices and directions and opportunities in the area of ECD. You use this knowledge to guide the Egypt programme towards new and more relevant and efficient technical programming. You ensure relevance of technical practices at project design stage and on strategy development.
YOUR PROFILE :
· You hold an Master degree in ECD relative domains, with preference to rehabilitation profiles (paediatric physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists)
· You have at least 3 years’ experience in international development, or emergency and post crisis environments, in technical positions
· You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in paediatric departments
· You have strong strategic analytical skills; capacity to establish clear frameworks, rules and limits
· You have capacity to produce clear and adaptable ECD tools (assessment, triage, etc) and ECD technical trainings for different levels (community volunteers, technical officers, specialized professionals)
· You are fluent in English (oral and written), Arabic would be an asset
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION:
Despite the different conflicts affecting the overall Middle East regional, the overall security context within Egypt remains globally quiet, with however some terrorist attacks which have occurred within the country. Sport, social life and travels around the country are restricted. The living conditions in Cairo are rather enjoyable with high pollution (desert dust and large road traffic) but also friendly streets and areas to walk and bike, mega polis of 20 Million inhabitants.
· Starting date : 01/02/2021
· Length of the contract: 6 months
· Salary from 2750 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
· Perdiem : 564 € net/month
· Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
· Paid holiday : 25 days per year
· Status : position open to single and couple situation
· Housing : Collective / individual taken in charge by HI
- Job City Cairo