World Vision International
World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Economic Development Specialist, South Sudan – Juba, you will be the chief technical advisor for Economic Development programming across the country’s programming portfolio. You will support 90% ANCP funded GREAN project ( Greater Resilience for Enhanced Agriculture and Nutrition) and 10% EU funded FORSITE project. You will provide overall strategic leadership in the Economic Development sector, guiding relevant programming in both development and emergency response contexts across the country. You will be a thought leader, driving continuous improvement in economic development and market systems development programming through their technical expertise, facilitation of learning and innovation. This leadership shall be seen both within World Vision and externally with other key stakeholders across country, including representing World Vision.
- Post-graduate degree in development studies, agriculture, economics or other relevant field is a requirement.
- Academic and/or direct programming experience and expertise in at least three of the following thematic areas is required: financial inclusion/micro-finance, climate smart agriculture, market systems development, value chain development, small enterprise development, emergency livelihoods programming, cash-based programming.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in technical leadership and/or field-based programme management roles in Resilience & Livelihoods sector.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English (Arabic is an added advantage).
- Work environment: Field-based position, with physical hardship conditions and limited amenities.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 50% of the time in the field.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 26 DEC 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Juba