Economic Security Generalist 2 plans, implements and monitors the ICRC’s economic security program in line with the country strategy and under the supervision and guidance of his/her hierarchical superior. S/He implements the EcoSec activities and resources in the areas of assignment according to agreed objectives and plan of action. S/He reports on the progress and achievements of the program as required. S/He ensures a smooth working relationship and effective coordination with Kenya Red Cross Society at field level. Travel remit 75% field work in Lamu and Garissa Counties.
Tasks and responsibilities
- S/he is the focal point for Village Savings and Loan Associations (VSLAs) Project;
- Carries out assessments, implementation, as well as monitoring visits and evaluation of the EcoSec projects together with Kenya Red Cross Society teams;
- Supports in development of data collection tools and data analysis;
- Assists EcoSec Coordinator in identifying operational strategies and defining short and mid-term plan of actions;
- Provides regular feedback/progress reports in a timely manner, contributes to Weekly Highlights, Quarterly EcoSec Reports, Monitoring for Results, Minutes of Meetings, assessment reports, monitoring reports in a timely manner.
Minimum Requirements and competencies
· University degree in Agriculture, Economics, Development Studies, Sociology, Animal Production, Veterinary Science or related fields;
· Minimum four years of experience in food security, relief, livelihoods and capacity building projects ranging from assessments, designing, implementation (both in kind and cash transfers), monitoring and evaluation;
· Experience in community mobilization, sensitization, disseminations and organization (preferably with Humanitarian sector background)
· MUST be fluent in written and spoken English as well as Somali and Kiswahili languages;
· MUST be Computer Proficient.
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before the 18th June 2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via:
- E-mail: [email protected]
The reference Economic Security Generalist II must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
- Job City Nairobi