The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
German Red Cross (GRC) is currently seeking a Position in Data Base Implementation and Management to support Togolese Red Cross (TRC) in its activities.
The Togolese Red Cross (TRC) is the host national society for the GRC country office. For an upcoming GRC project but also for the national Society in general there is a need of installing and a creating various Data Bases for organizing project data, managing documents, training-material and monitoring-tools as well as for supporting the volunteer management.
As TRC only has limited IT capacity, the task would be to help identify a database-toll, setting it up, and enter data as well as training the staff for the use and maintenance of the database.
The applicant must be an EU citizen or long-term resident in an EU member State.
Duration: 9 – 12 months (15 August, 2019- 15 Mai/August, 2020) [Starting date/ Ending date are flexible]
Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Identification of fitting/relevant Data base tool
· Set-up of various data bases
· Identify and insert relevant data
· Train relevant TRC and GRC staff in the use and maintenance of the databases
· Coordinate with other relevant stakeholders in- and outside the Red Cross movement.
· Expertise in data base management
· Excellent French speaking skills
· Expertise in selection, installation and management of Data bases (open access and/or others) and training of staff
· Excellent intercultural, social, participative and team player skills
· Excellent didactic (teaching) skills
· Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles
EU Aid Volunteers offers to you:
· Working with the worldwide largest humanitarian network
· Pre-deployment training
· Travel and accommodation
· Subsistence allowance based on local costs, to cover your main living costs
· Insurance during your deployment
· A resettlement allowance
Application 30 April, 2019
Interview Mai, 2019
EU Volunteer Training 30/06 – 14/07 (NL)
German Red Cross Mini Impact Training June, 2019
Earliest date of deployment 15 August 2019
How to apply (Compulsory documents):
- Motivation letter (1 page)
- Curriculum vitae (Europass model: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae)
Team International Cooperation – SG Personal –
Email: [email protected]
- Job City Lome