The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking a Position in Project Management Support with Finance experience for the project activities in Xai-xai. GRC has on-going project activities in, Gaza Province, southern Mozambique (Three districts and provincial office in Xai-Xai). For those activities additional monitoring and evaluation (M&E) support is needed.
The Mozambique Red Cross (CVM) is currently in a revision process of its current financial system. The new Finance Director in Maputo develops a new financial strategy which will also apply in the CVM branch offices. For this an additional support with finance background is needed to implement those new strategies in the field trough training local staff and a close coordination with the CVM Finance department in Maputo.
The applicant must be an EU citizen or long-term resident in an EU member State.
Duration: 12 Months (15 August, 2019- 15 August, 2020) [Starting date/ Ending date are flexible]
Location: Xai-Xai, Mozambique
Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Support the GRC delegate in the project monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities
· Support the implementation of the new CVM financial and administrative procedures.
· Train CVM local staff and volunteers in the new financial and administrative procedures.
· Closely coordinate with CVM and all involved stakeholders.
· Experience in Finance and Administration
· Willingness to travel to villages in remote project areas
· Oral and written fluency in Portuguese (or Portuñol)
· German and/or English are of advantage
· Excellent intercultural skills
· Readiness to work in remote areas
· Ability to work independently and as a team member
· Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles
· Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments
EU Aid Volunteers offers to you:
· Working with the worldwide largest humanitarian network
· Pre-deployment training
· Travel and accommodation
· Subsistence allowance based on local costs, to cover your main living costs
· Insurance during your deployment
· A resettlement allowance
Application 30 April, 2019
Interview Mai, 2019
EU Volunteer Training 30/06 – 14/07 (NL)
German Red Cross Introduction June, 2019
Earliest date of deployment 15 August 2019
How to apply (Compulsory documents):
- Motivation letter (1 page)
- Curriculum vitae (Europass model: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae)
Team International Cooperation
-SG Personal -Carstennstraße 58
Email: [email protected]
- Job City Xai-Xai