The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking a Position in Organizational Development and Change Management to support the Change Management Group within the Mozambique Red Cross (CVM).
Mozambique Red Cross’s (CVM), and in particular the Programme Department, is supporting other Partner Red Cross Organizations to implement their projects in country. To ensure that CVM can give appropriate support to its partners the overall organizational structure will be reorganized trough the Change Management Group including CVM senior staff and representatives of the Partner National Societies. An assessment on present capacities and future needs has been conducted and new strategies will be implemented. This implementation process needs to be supported by the volunteer. He/she will give technical advice, will participate in the change management group meetings and support the implementation of the proposed activities. Those will include a revision of the CVM organizational structure and the development of new Terms of References (ToRs) for individual positions in the CVM.
The applicant must be an EU citizen or long-term resident in an EU member State.
Duration: 8 Months (15 August, 2019- 15 April, 2020) [Starting date/ Ending date are flexible]
Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Support the CVM Change Management Group in its activities.
· Support the implementation of the new strategies to adjust CVM organizational structures on national, provincial and district level.
· Advise a minor survey on identifying the expectations of the general public, state structures (national, provincial, district) and civil society organisations towards the CVM and its role in Mozambique.
· Support the design of a template for CVM job advertisements and the development new standard ToRs for different positions
· Maintain a close cooperation with CVM and all involved stakeholders
· Experience in the field of organizational Development and/ or Change Management
· Experience in Management and Human Resources
· Experience in complex situations
· Experience in Business Consulting will be an asset
· Oral and written fluency in Portuguese (or Portuñol)
· German and/or English are of advantage
· Experience in the Red Cross Movement is an advantage
· Ability to work independently and as a team member
· Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles
· Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments
EU Aid Volunteers offers to you:
· Working with the worldwide largest humanitarian network
· Pre-deployment training
· Travel and accommodation
· Subsistence allowance based on local costs, to cover your main living costs
· Insurance during your deployment
· A resettlement allowance
Application 30 April, 2019
Interview Mai, 2019
EU Volunteer Training 30/06 – 14/07 (NL)
German Red Cross Introduction June, 2019
Earliest date of deployment 15 August 2019
How to apply (Compulsory documents):
- Motivation letter (1 page)
- Curriculum vitae (Europass model: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae)
Team International Cooperation – SG Personal –
Email: [email protected]
- Job City Maputo