|JOB PURPOSE||To support the National Director in managing the office effectively & efficiently including managing information, assisting in administrative tasks and meetings (including SLT and Board), making appointments, monitoring documents and mail, talking to external and internal customers, organizing events and trips, providing services and taking are of personal agenda.|
|% of time||Activity|
|20||National Director’s Office Coordination|
- Ensure efficient and effective coordination of the National Director’s office, engaging with all direct reports of the ND; with the Board and Peers, ensuring and maintaining an efficient workflow.
- Ensure and maintain an effective communication (oral and written) including reviewing documents, phone calls, emails, etc. and taking discerning decisions on how information should be managed with the National Director’s office.
- Ensure and maintain a positive image of the National Director’s office. This will require diplomacy and tact, especially in dealing with external partners
- Reading and analyzing all correspondence, letters, etc. and determining their significance and routing to the appropriate officers in a timely and
- Ensure a current and updated National Director’s calendar of events (local and international) to facilitate efficiency in the office of the National Director.
- Ensure that there are not conflicting appointments in National Director’s calendar
|10||Documentation and Filing|
- Maintaining and ensuring safe management of both electronic and paper filing system of all documents,
- Ensure that all minutes of the SLT and Board are filed and accessible to the ND at any point in time.
- May be required to take minutes of the SLT and Board, and to ensure that all minutes are detailed and accurate
- Maintain an effective mailing system and appointment ensuring excellent engagements with external partners.
- Provide retrieval of organization information as may be required
|10||Management of Reports|
Ensure compilation of monthly and quarterly reports for National Director’s office and support the editing and dissemination of quarterly reports to the Board.
Perform complex and diverse executive assistance duties that involve high-level contacts and exposure to sensitive information, necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, directions and judgment for National Director and the SLT
|10||Local and International Travel Management|
Plan and manage the National Director’s local and international trips ensuring that all travel logistics are provided, including making changes to travels
|10||Coordination of Donor Visits|
Coordinate all visits of the National Director’s office; including donors, World Vision Int. Staff, and other stakeholders, ensuring efficient delivery of travel logistics from inception to end of visits.
Ensure smooth coordination between National Director and Board members by :
- Providing relevant reports e.g. .evaluation findings, national strategy, mid-year and annual reports
Facilitating the ND share his Performance Agreements and Performance Appraisals with Board members
|10||General Office Management|
Ensure General Office Management (equipment, furniture, facilities, and purchase requests) of the National Director’s office.
|KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE|
|Required Professional Experience|
- Six (6) years’ experience working experience of which two (2) years must have been in a supervisory role
|Required Education, training, license,registration, and|
|1st degree in the Social Sciences/Business Studies|
- Excellent planning & organizing skills
- Strong computer skills – Advanced MS Word/PowerPoint
- Interpersonal & influencing skills
- Advanced report writing skills
- Knowledge of WVI policies and procedures.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Travel: As and when necessary both internally and externally
- Strong spoken and written English; Proficiency in foreign language – preferably in French will be an added advantage