Title: Family Planning Outreach Nurse
Supervisor: Family Planning Outreach Team Leader
The 5-year USAID funded Mhuri / Imuli program’s goal in Zimbabwe is to improve maternal, youth and child health and survival in beneficiary communities and populations. The geographic focus is the seven districts of Manicaland Province, focusing on activities to increase the demand and supply of integrated, quality MNCH-FP services as well delivery of family planning services through outreach in all 10 provinces of Zimbabwe. This project will provide Technical Assistance (TA) to the MOHCC in Manicaland for MNCH and direct service delivery for Family Planning through outreach services.
The incumbent who should be an effective team player and will report directly to the Family Planning Outreach Team Leader to ensure improved access to the under served and hard to reach populations with an improved method mix that includes LARC (long acting reversible contraception) and will be responsible for comprehensive quality Family planning services with appropriate method –mix across all sectors including in a special way to achieve high coverage in the hard to reach populations and groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides efficient, effective, and responsive family planning services in line with the set policies, protocols.
- Ensures complete and effective records according to National and program requirements.
- Provide care to the client that contributes to their optimum sexual and reproductive health outcomes.
- Maintain records and statistics as required, ensuring accurate statistics are supplied within required time frames.
- Participate in supervision of nurse aides/ drivers and act as a role model for team members within Family Planning Outreach team.
- Assist in the induction, integration, and assessment of new clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Assist in skills building of external health professionals.
- Assist in identifying learning needs of the team and acting as a resource.
- Ensures continuous quality improvement into all activities.
- Contributes to meeting the objectives of MHURI/IMULI FP quality plan.
- Complies with all health and safety procedures to ensure their own safety and the safety of others in the workplace and actively participates in maintaining a safe working environment at outreach.
- Give health education on Family planning services and methods.
- Provides in depth counselling and support clients in selecting their method of choice.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Initiative and the ability to anticipate situations, create opportunities or avoid problems
- Demonstrated skills in the effective management of resources
- Demonstrated teamwork and networking abilities
- Computer literacy
Qualifications and requirements:
- Diploma In General Nursing with a post graduate qualification in midwifery
- Certificate in Family Planning Training ( Basic and LARC)
- Diploma in community nursing
- At least 3 years post qualification experience,
- Computer Literacy,
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
- Job City Mutare, Zimbabwe