Position: Field Coordinator – 14 Positions
Report To: Response Director
Locations: Shangombo, Siavonga, Mazabuka, Chikankata, Monze, Gwembe, Sinazongwe, Kalomo, Zimba, Kazungula, Kaoma, Luampa, Nkeyema, Sioma
Purpose of the position:
To support Food Assistance Manager in the implementation of the food/cash and NFI program, ensuring that the program achieve its goals and objectives in compliance with World Vision and Donor standards in the management of food commodities from the point of receipt, storage, dispatch, distribution, monitoring, documentation, accounting and reporting are established, reinforced and maintained. Support the Food Assistance Manager in management food/cash and NFI program activities. Emphasis will be on quality food programming, within the framework of integrated food resources into World Vision holistic ministry.
Assist Food Assistance Manager in program implementation including but not limited to transportation, warehousing of commodities, registration and distribution to beneficiaries, monitoring and evaluation of food program, and production of accurate commodities tracking and narrative reports to Donors, FPMG and Support Offices.
Manage program staff under his/her portfolio with support from Food Assistance Manager, and represent World Vision in any meetings related to the program as necessary.
Working closely with all departments within the response and National Office, provide technical support needed on the implementation of the food projects.
Managing the day-to-day implementation of planned activities according to objectives and action plans.
Conduct monthly meetings with implementation teams and provide reviews and support visits to districts at least twice a month.
Consolidation of food distribution plans monthly for districts and submission to the Program manager for approval.
Conduct field visits to ensure that program is being implemented according to the plan, correct, and follow up any issues raised by the Audit Teams both internal and external.
Serve as a liaison between the government officials and other food programming stakeholders in the operational areas for the purposes of networking, information sharing and nurturing partnerships.
In collaboration with the Food Assistance Manager, ensure that food programs are monitored and evaluated and that operational research contributes to program innovation.
Ensure acceptable audit performance for the programs in National, Partnership and
Independent (USG A-133) audits.
Conduct capacity building for all program staff team including on the spot training whenever such cases arise.
- Documenting and liaising with the Response Direcror, on key action items, capacity gaps and issues related performance management.
- Qualifications/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- BA Degree Business Administration, Social Science or in other related field.
- Extensive exposure to food aid programs management (minimum 2 years) preferably
- Adequate knowledge and experience in food aid programs and donors standards appropriate to the
management of the food programs.
- Knowledge of the Sphere standards, Code of Conduct for Red Cross/ Red crescent, Humanitarian Accountability Partnerships (HAPI) and other international humanitarian standards
- In depth working Knowledge of computer soft wares like CTS, LMMS, Excel, Word.
- Ability to effectively develop rapport and relate to donors, NGOs, counterparts, and government agencies
- Must be willing to travel and a flexible approach to living conditions.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Must be a motorbike rider and holder of a valid motorbike license.
- Work environment: Office-based 20% and Field 80%
- Travel: International as required.
The position requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours occasionally.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
- Job City Lusaka