FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries. FHI 360’s Crisis Response team is responding to the humanitarian emergency in Amhara, focusing on emergency health, nutrition and WASH activities to support the goal of reducing morbidity and mortality.
Ensure that financial transactions are carried out, reported and documented in a timely manner in accordance with general accounting principles, and FHI 360 and donor guidelines. Tasks and responsibilities include:
· Maintains complete of workbooks accounts, as per FHI 360 policies.
· Checking of all payment claims to ensure compliance of FHI 360 policy & procedures, valid Scheme of Delegation, FHI 360 Donors compliance requirements, In-country law and any other official regulatory authority.
· Ensures that all payments are properly coded to record against active projects and complete authorization of respective
Budget Holder as per FHI 360 Scheme of Delegation.
· Ensures that all program implementation activities require direct or indirect involvement of disbursement of incentives,
contractors, beneficiaries should safe guarded by segregation of duty.
· Assists Finance Manager to strengthen internal controls & internal controls environment.
· Actively participate in engaging of financial issues and activities review meetings.
· Prepares/reviews Bank and cash GFAS, financial data entry on daily basis.
· Ensures that monthly bank reconciliations for all Bank accounts are prepared on regularly basis.
· Assists ADF tracking of all balance sheets accounts on monthly basis and at the end of each award.
· Ensures that daily financial matters are handled in a systematic, accurate and transparent manner.
· Monitors cash & bank flows on daily basis and maintain close coordination with financial institutions to ensure smooth cashflows. Safeguard FHI 360 cash from assessed/known risks.
· If due to unforeseen reasons institutional banking system services are not available, alternative arrangements should be arranged with prior consent of Finance Manager and Response Coordinator.
· Assists Field Office & Country Office finance teams during internal & external audit, donor specific audit, any authorized third-party review of financial records.
· Maintains working relationship with FHI 360 partners and support Field Office & Country Office to ensure smooth financial implementation of projects through partners.
· Escalates any noted financial risks and fraud activities directly to Finance Manager and Response
· Reviews official e-mails daily, respond to queries from colleagues and external authorities in a timely and
appropriate manner, and ensure any problematic issues are raised with the line manager at the earliest opportunity.
· Responsible for professional direction/delegation/supervision/accountability of reporting staff as per Job Descriptions or any official documentation.
· Confirms that payments related to procurement have the necessary documentation as outlined in FHI 360 procurement
policies and procedures for all goods and services.
· Maintenance of a proper and transparent filling system of all documents relation to finance.
· Confirms availability of funds before authorization of project expenditures.
· Ensures all financial transactions have the required supporting document
CONTRACT LENGTH: 3 months with possibility of extension
REQUIRED AND DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
· 3-5 years of experience providing Finance related responsibilities.
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and HRIS /Payroll systems.
· Vocational or specialized training desired
· Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) desirable but not required.
- Fluent in local language and excellent in English.
How to Apply
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions. And interested candidates are encouraged to email their updated resume and cover letter with ‘Field Finance Officer-Bahir Dar/Dessie in the subject line as one document to [email protected]
FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted
- Job City Bahir Dar/ Dessie, Amhara