Position: Field Monitor
Report to: Field Coordinator
Location: West Nile, Uganda
Purpose of the position:
To mobilize community for distribution, set up distribution according to World Vision and donor (WFP/USAID) standard distribution procedures and provide end user monitoring and accurate documentation on all commodity distributions.
Community mobilization and registration
- Community mobilization and coordination of food distribution activities at the FDPs in liaison with the Food Management Committee and Local leaders.
- Mobilize community members in target areas for sensitization on project goal and selection criteria.
- Notify beneficiaries about impending food distribution well in advance to ensure timely and full participation.
- Work closely with local leaders to conduct beneficiary identification using approved selection criteria.
- Conduct registration and verification of identified beneficiaries using LMMS/appropriate system.
- Distribute LMMS identification cards to all registered beneficiaries.
- Participate in monthly community review meeting or other community dialogue forums.
- Organize and participate in daily review meeting with community structures & partners.
- Conduct distribution in compliance with WV and Donor (WFP/USAID) guidelines and standards
- Conduct Truck Inspect during receipt and dispatch of commodities.
- Ensure that all commodities arriving at the FDP are properly accounted for.
- Scrutinize all waybills for commodities arriving at the distribution centers. Ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill. Immediately record all quantities delivered short (missing), quantities lost in transit and quantities damaged if any. All observations must be recorded immediately. Commodities must carefully be counted during off-loading.
- At the distribution center, commodities must be stacked in an organized manner, by commodity type to facilitate easy distribution. Stack commodities to the dot for group distribution and use standard bonded/interlaced stacking for individual scooping.
- Return all excess commodities received at FDP to the warehouse using Return to Store waybill.
- Perform random weighing of the commodities offloaded from the truck to ascertain that they are of correct weight as indicated in the waybill.
- Supervise food distribution in a manner that will ensure all targeted beneficiaries receive all the planned commodities and in their rightful rations.
- Participate in caucus meeting with FMCs and local leaders to agree on roles and responsibilities during distribution.
- Conduct pre-distribution meeting to sensitize and inform beneficiaries about commodities in the food basket, ration sizes, nutrition and hygiene messages and any other issues to be communicated to them. Give beneficiaries an opportunity to ask question for clarification.
- Ensure that appropriate crowd control measure is in place at the distribution point at all times.
- Ensure all beneficiaries are processed to receive food using LMMS or donor preferred distribution system.
- Ensure there is orderly lining, receiving food and sharing.
- Conduct random weighing of rations received by beneficiaries to establish whether they are getting rightful rations.
- Ensure that spillage is well managed and accounted for.
- Provide proper accountability of commodities distributed at the food distribution point.
- Prepare all necessary forms related to food distribution i.e. sign receipt waybill, fill in the truck inspection report, random weighing form, distribution center visit report, certificate of food receipt and distribution, loss damage reports and the Daily Distribution Report (DDR), stack cards, etc.
- Print out the distribution list from the LMMS. Participate in reconciliation of distribution tally (Manual vs digital figures).
- Participate in reconciliation of beneficiary figures/food distributed against figures from the WFP GDT system.
- Ensure all forms and reports are completely filled and reviewed and approved by relevant staff.
- Ensure commodity forms and reports are filed according to agreed filing format.
- Submit distribution reports daily to their supervisors for review and approval.
- Conduct Physical Inventory count and ensure handover of commodities to and from security personnel/community is properly documented.
- Complete donor required reports such as Daily Distribution Report, Sample Random weighing report, Daily reconciliation report etc.
Supervision of volunteers and community structures
- Participate in the formation of all community structures these include Food Management Committee, Refugee Welfare Council members, Community Help Desk, scoopers, potters and Ushers.
- Participate in training of all community structures.
- Prepare daily attendance register for volunteers and community structure casual staff.
- Supervise volunteers and community structure casual staff on a daily basis to ensure they perform their duties diligently.
- Report any anomalies, incidents of fraud or other issues to their supervisors immediately you discover them.
- Conduct periodic performance appraisals for volunteers.
FDP Equipment management.
- Ensure FDP equipment and compound is clean on a daily basis.
- Maintain an inventory of all equipment entrusted under your care.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor Degree from a University in Social Sciences or Development Studies.
- Knowledge of operation of LMMS and other similar software system.
- Past experience preferable with a busy NGO or UN agency, in food commodities handling tracking and accounting. Prior experience with WV CTS system and or UN WFP Compass system/GDT is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of major donor (WFP/USAID) regulations pertaining to relief food commodities tracking accounting and reporting.
- This position requires a person who is self starter, who can accomplish the task with minimal or no supervision. He/she should be able to manage a team of staff as well as cooperate with other units. He/she must be keen on details and well organized individual.
- Must be computer literate.
How to apply:
Please submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae, to Website: https://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-uganda
Address your application to the People & Culture Specialist, Recruitment, World Vision Uganda
Deadline for receiving applications is 21th September, 2019. (Qualified natives of West Nile region are particularly encouraged to apply)
- Job City Yumbe