The Mitchell Group, Inc. (TMG) partners with its clients – developing countries, donor agencies, and private corporations – and assists them in implementing an array of management solutions to ensure that valuable, finite resources are used in the most efficient ways possible. TMG is a global consulting firm providing data-driven and insightful solutions in developing countries. TMG is passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging its expertise in performance measurement and management including learning, to help clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. This includes the use of innovations, cutting-edge technologies and evidence-based decision-making.
TMG is seeking a Finance and Administration Specialist candidate for the upcoming USAID-funded Ethiopia Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity.
This anticipated project will assist USAID/Ethiopia with project and activity evaluation, performance monitoring, knowledge management and performance management support services in alignment with the USAID Automated Direct System (ADS) 201, USAID’s Evaluation Policy, and the Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR). This activity will inform monitoring, evaluation, and learning throughout all stages of the Program Cycle, supporting USAID’s focus on adaptive management to increase developmental effectiveness, and emphasizing CLA approaches to ensure that programs are coordinated with others, grounded in a strong evidence base, and iteratively adapted to remain relevant throughout implementation. This position is contingent on TMG being awarded this project.
TMG is seeking a full-time Finance and Administration Specialist for the USAID Ethiopia Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning activity. The position is full-time, will be based in Addis Abba.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Ethiopian citizenship will be considered. **
The Finance and Administration Specialist will have primary responsibility for ensuring the integrity and usefulness of the Contractor financial systems; facilitating the Contractor’s internal administrative operations; ensuring that the Contractor meets programmatic, financial and other reporting requirements; and for delivering the “performance” sub-result, related to providing logistical and other services. The Finance and Administration Specialist will be responsible for the financial and administrative management of the project.
- Oversees the day-to-day project financial management, accounting and operations
- Support the DCOP and COP develop and prepare budget forecasts and manage expenses within approved budget.
- Maintain appropriate systems and cost-effective, timely procedures and controls such as cash management, vendor payments, and budgeting to properly disburse, account, budget, and report funds
- Maintains and manages field office accounts, in coordination with TMG headquarters (HQ)
- Supports the MEL Activity Management in preparing and tracking project budgets and budget projections
- Reviews vouchers and payment requests, including proper back-up documentation to ensure compliance with TMG policies and procedures and USAID rules and regulations
- Supports the procurement and inventory management processes of project supplies, services, and other items in accordance with USAID rules and regulations
- Ensures timely payments to staff, consultants, and vendors
- Calculates and issues payroll; calculates and submits payroll taxes to the proper Ugandan authorities
- Maintains complete, accurate and timely financial records in compliance with USAID and TMG policies and procedures; prepares and submits monthly financial reports as directed by TMG headquarters in timely manner
- Assist the DCOP in the successful implementation of the project including the timely completion of high-quality, budget forecast and financial statements
- Prepares estimates of monthly cash requirements and submits to TMG/USAID Ethiopia MEL Activity Management
- Support the DCOP in coordination with TMG’s local legal and accounting advisors; serving as liaison between local external auditing authorities and TMG headquarters
- Treasury management, including daily cash position and accounts and petty cash
- Management of field office financial filing system (both paper and electronic), in coordination with TMG HQ
- Oversee smooth project close-out in compliance with contract terms and USAID regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
- A minimum of 6 years of experience managing, in increasing roles of responsibility, finance, procurement, contracts management, construction, logistics and/or human resource related matters for international development activities of similar dollar value
- In-depth knowledge of US government financial management, rules and regulations required
- Experience in managing donor funded procurements and subcontracts/grants
- Experience with USAID contracts and overseeing international and local sub-recipients and grantees
- English fluency is required
- An advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field from an accredited university/college is preferred
- Certified Public Accounting or Chartered Financial Accounting qualification preferred
- Proven expertise in finance, accounting and auditing, including automated financial systems, as well as results-oriented grants management, including financial planning, monitoring of grant compliance and management and establishment of internal controls.
How to Apply
Interested Applicants shall submit application letter and CV clearly indicating the Position through e mail: [email protected] on or before October 30, 2020.
- Job City Addis Ababa