Title: Internal/External – Finance Assistant – National Position
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The role of the Finance Assistant is to manage the receipt and disbursement of funds and maintaining accurate financial records and supporting the programme in Qardho Office.
Contract Duration: 1 year
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 2 years proven work experience in cash management within a busy working environment such as financial institutions, local NGO’s or INGOs
- Bachelor Degree of Business Administration/Economics
- Computer skills especially in Ms Excel/spread sheets and Ms Word
- Cash Management (handle, disburse and recording all transactions)
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Ability to work under high pressure to meet tight deadlines
The Application will close on 15th October 2022
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
- Job City Somalia