The Finance Assistant will help the Finance team ensure that financial transaction documentation is complete, and accurate and that payments are made on a timely basis.
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
- Receives and reviews (for completeness and accuracy) all incoming invoices and requests for payment. Ensures the integrity of all receipts, invoices, and vouchers.
- Prepares required documentation for submission to Finance Manager (who will prepare payment checks for Senior Management’s signature) and required documentation (expense cover sheets), post-payment, to provide to the Project Accountant for data entry into DAI’s Financial Accounting System;
- Assists the Project Accountant in recording and assigning costs based on approved budget into the Financial Accounting System, vFER
- Supports with processing DA1 forms for VAT exemption, VAT reimbursements and regularly updates the VAT tracker
- Manages the project’s petty cash according to ATI policies and procedures and submits the reconciliation each week to the Finance Manager.
- Assists with the daily scanning of financial vouchers for submission to DAI/Washington twice a month.
- Responsible for following up on statutory remittances to ensure they are all updated on time.
- Works with the Grants Manager to track all open grants and progress payment schedules;
- Performs other financial tasks assigned by the Finance Manager which are consistent with his/her qualifications, this Scope of Work and the general requirements of the project.
- Maintains a good knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures as set forth in the ATI Field Operations Policy Manual.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent and 4+ years’ experience supporting international donor-funded projects in an accountancy/finance role preferred
- Working knowledge of applicable finance-related USG or other international donors contracting regulations
- Accuracy in working with large amounts of data
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive inquiries
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and professional presentation
- A well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgement, and strong operational focus
- Excellent writing, speaking, and reading skills in English.
The Finance Assistant will report to the Finance Manager.
Select the position in which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information, and upload CV. Please indicate what location you are applying for. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted soon. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill-up positions, only shortlisted applicants will receive notification on next steps.
ORGANIZATION AND VALUES:
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.