Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Finance/Accounting professional to support country operation for Tunisia and Algeria/Saharawian response, with dedicated focus on service delivery and ensuring compliance in Finance and accounting function across the country operation.
About the job
Steering Finance and accounitng function for Tunisia & Algeria/Saharawian response in close collaboration with field teams to ensure efficient and effective serivce delivery in copliant manner. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
· Ensuring timely and accurate financial data management across country operation
· Facilitating and monitoring monthly and yearly financial/ accounting closure
· Capacity building of Finance teams in close coordination with Regional, HQ and area office Finance/accounting teams
· Developing/updating Finance policies, procedures and tools and close monitoring to ensure compliance
· ERP system roll out and support.
· Ensuring regular budget monitoring and reporting with support of area office teams.**
· Setting up/ mainitating finaicial data, documentation and filing system is in place.**
· Focal person for internal and external audits.**
· Responsible for cash and bank reconciliation and funds transfer and receipts.**
· Internal and external budget development (Master budget, donor budgets etc)**
· Compliance to internal and external policies, processes, laws (donor rules, organization internal policies and local financial and tax laws.**
To be successful in this role we expect you to be results oriented and enthusiastic about supporting the operation in the area of Finance and accounting functions. Having proven experience of 3 years or more in similar or comparable role. Keen interest in self-development and building capacity of others. Moreover, we also expect the following:
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in finance/ accounting, business administration or equivalent.
· 3 years proven experience in Fiance/accounting function (Budgeting, reporting and accounting)
· Working knowledge of English language. Arabic and French language profeciency.
· Advance user of Microsoft application (Word, Excel, powerpoint)
· Working experience/knowelge of ERP systems
· Qualified accountant
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 12 months (with possibility to extend)
Band: Non-Management G
Start date: 01 June 2021
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s salary scale for national staff in Tunisia.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.**
Closing date for applications: 16th May 2021
We encourage you to apply early, as interviews will be held on a rolling basis and an appointment may be made before the deadline
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo
- Job City Tunis