****Preferred position location: Dakar, Senegal. Other possible locations: Ghana and Rwanda where WVI/VF is registered to operate.**
VisionFund – World Vision International
VisionFund International is financial empowerment from World Vision, a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organization devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Working together as part of World Vision – VisionFund enables impoverished households to increase their incomes and then impact communities to increase economic activity, access clean water, education and healthcare, benefit from improvements to nutrition, and provide the foundations for local economies to flourish.
For over 17 years, VisionFund has been committed to brighter futures for children where they can experience the love of Christ, building lives free of need and full of promise.
Through our work, every 60 seconds a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As Finance for Transformation Advisor, West Africa Region, VFI, you will support and guide Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs) during the pilot and roll out of this product, focussing on West African countries. We have already developed standards regarding product process, training materials and various guidance materials. You will use the existing materials to support MFIs to increase their reach of savings groups. This will include capacity building among MFI staff, monitoring of operations both through field visits and through regular monitoring meetings, reports, etc, and developing new partnerships with NGOs.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in development work (preferably with saving groups / livelihoods / resilience / gender equality).
- Knowledge of Savings Group methodology.
- Business focused, with ability to improve annual operational plans and advise on product pilots, results analysis and workforce plans.
- Project management experience is required, including financial monitoring and reporting.
- Looking less for a microfinance/finance specialist – we are looking more for a candidate with NGO experience.
- Must be fluent in French and English.
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
VisionFund is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 09 AUG 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on World Vision International and VisionFund International, please visit our website: www.visionfund.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.*
- Job City Dakar