Finance Manager Job description:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
We are currently seeking qualified Finance Manager candidates for the anticipated USAID-funded Cultural Tourism Development in Egypt Activity. This position will be based in Cairo, Egypt and is contingent upon award.
The 4-year activity will be designed to enhance Egypt’s competitiveness as a tourism destination and generate more tourism revenue and local economic benefits.
Manages, prepares, administers and directs the control of the country budget. Manages the activities of the financial staff. Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to executive or senior management team. Assists with development and management of internal financial audits. May develop formal reporting system to communicate results of audit activities to management and regulator and compliance agencies. Provides leadership and technical guidance for compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP). Knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) may also be required. Experience in comprehensive management of business support and compliance functions in organizations funded via government, contracts and grants, foundation, and commercial sources. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly financial reports regarding budgets- actual and forecast.
- Provides recommendations and consuls with management on financial projects and compliances.
- Participates and provides financial reporting for annual budget planning, audit reviews and assessments.
- Manage the submission of monthly accounting deliverables: this includes but not limited to monthly transactions report and reconciliations
- Engaged in the more critical and confidential aspects of financial analysis.
- Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with a wide range of finance issues.
- Works with confidential data, which if disclosed, might have significant internal and / or external effect.
- Keeps abreast with the latest trends in financial accounting and mentors staff.
- Builds and trains staff on financial policies and procedures, GAAP practices and client relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with accounting, financial controls and financial information systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated organizational and presentation skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to influence, motivates, and negotiates and work will with others.
- Is well-versed in state and federal laws and regulations that have impact on financial analysis and management controls.
- Has familiarity with GFAS and experience with automated financial reporting, government accounting practices, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) systems.
- Sound knowledge and past experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) practices and reporting guidelines.
- Must have excellent organizational, supervisory, leadership and managerial skills.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership and advice to team, exchange information and collaborate with colleagues and peers within and outside the organization.
- Possesses a full understanding of the organizational structure, policies and practices, and the impact on own area and the entire organization.
- Must have excellent communication, diplomatic and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems moderately complex scope that require in depth evaluation of data and various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, for obtaining results.
- Decisions made generally affect company operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
- Career level” manager.
- Works under broad direction with considerable latitude for independent action.
- Ability to motivate, mentor, and manage individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds and expertise, resulting in high quality and timely work delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance management or similar a plus.
- Minimum of 5-8 years related work experience, including 3 years in management and 3 years working at the corporate or organization level.
- Past experience managing a financial analysis department is required.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Prior work in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
- Experience working with an international organization.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
- Job City Egypt