The purpose of the Finance Manager is to be responsible that the financial set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation.
- Ensure that country set up adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows
- Management of financial team
- Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities
- Provide regular analysis and reports
- Implement anti-corruption policy
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Ensure that adequate financial management routines and systems are in place, and that NRC’s accounting practices and standards are adhered to, timely and in accordance with quality and policy requirements from NRC, donors, auditors and authorities.
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows and expenditures.
- Provide up-to-date financial analysis and required financial reports to the Country Director, the Program Managers, Project Coordinators and the headquarters (HQ) in Oslo.
- Ensure that appropriate control mechanisms are in place across the country program and that financial risk is minimized.
- Make sure that adequate financial management routines and systems are in place.
- Contribute to the development of strategic and operational plans, and be accountable for ensuring and monitoring delivery against the financial plans.
- In collaboration with other Managers, regularly review and develop operational finance tools.
- Enable appropriate operational decisions to be made on the grounds of sound and solid financial analysis.
- Plan for annual closure of the accounts and responsible for coordinating audits in the country.
- Be the main driving force for NRC’s transparency and anticorruption work within the country program.
- Ensure statutory financial obligations including remittance of taxes are met in a timely manner.
• BA in Accounting or similar field with minimum 4 years of experience from working as a Financial Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
• Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems particularly Agresso
• Previous experience as international staff in similar capacity
• Fluency in English and Portuguese, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Sudan would be an advantage
- Experience with start-up countries or programs would be an advantage
For more information, here is the detailed Job Description
Duty Station: Pemba, Cabo Delgado, Mozambique.
Type of Contract: 24 months renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for position
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
Language: Fluency in English and Portuguese is highly desired.
All applications (CVs) should be submitted in English!
This position is open to qualified National and International Candidates!
NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
- Job City Pemba