The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be South Kordofan and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Finance Manager to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
- Ensure that country set up adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows
- Management of financial team
- Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities
- Provide regular analysis and reports
- Implement anti-corruption policy
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Minimum Bacherlor’s Degree in Accounting or similar field.
- Minimum 4 years of experience from working as a Financial Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems particularly Agresso/Unit4
- Previous experience as international staff in similar capacity
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Job City Kharoum