**Please note that this is a local position based in South Africa**
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Process the financial transactions for the regional office specifically but not limited to charges, payments, expense reports and adjustments. Management of Payables account, Assist in the generation of monthly financial reports (performing Bank Reconciliation and Fixed Asset report) and resolving related queries as well as assisting with audits and year end processes. Manage cash transactions including capturing of deposits, stop orders and leases on a timely basis and in accordance to WV policies, guidelines and accounting standards. Monthly balancing of local income fund and the foreign exchange clearing account.
- Receiving, checking, verifying & reviewing all payment documents submitted by Admin Staff for completeness, accuracy and legibility.
- Ensure that all payments are properly authorized and adequately supported by existing budgets.
- Ensure applicable policy limits, provisions and necessary justifications and properly adhered to with minimal exceptions.
- Reconciling all payments to Accounts Payable ledger to ensure that invoices are not duplicated, before processing
- Ensure documents/invoices are stamp Paid and also “WV AP CHECKED”
- Create payment journals and import into the Accounts Payable in Sunsystems and ensuring adherence to input controls and that appropriate AP accounts are charged
- Tracking the flow of payments batches and ensuring timely releasing of online payments by signatories.
- Processing USD payments and obtaining approval for GC payment from appropriate signatories.
- Providing proof of payments to vendors and internal stakeholders and resolving any payments queries
Accounts Reconciliation & Processes
- Liaise with the bank on GC funding remittance and book monthly funding into the Ledger ensuring accuracy of hedged and spotted exchange rates.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation and ensure no long outstanding items in order to mitigate the risks associated with cash transactions.
- Perform monthly Accounts Payables reconciliation and ensure accruals and payments are followed up and cleared on a timely basis and avoid double payments.
- Obtain funding schedules and calculate the monthly Average Exchange Rate and communicate to all departments.
Local Income & VAT
- Booking of local income budget request and subsequent commitment of the funds on PBAS.
- Recognition of Local Income funding from interest derived from invested funds; funds raised through sale of old assets and workshop administration fees, ensuring that Pre-Approvals are received and/or followed up for capturing.
- Reconciling admin fees to PA’s and prepare schedule for the income journal.
- Ensure consistent calculation and recognition of VAT for all purchases and compile monthly schedules ad process VAT claims with the Local Revenue Authority
Management of Travel Account & Costing
- Trace travel bookings and compare with travel invoices to validate completeness and travel funding sources.
- Booking travel transactions in Sun system and performing monthly reconciliation of payments against the service provider statements.
- Analysis of the travel spend against budget to aid FM in decision making around budget reallocation.
- Costing of mobile phone billing into relevant budget lines
- Analyze and apply policy limits, engage with individual staff members and recover excess spending on mobile phone.
- Analyze and costing of the monthly insurance bill and the residential leases for expatriate staff. Engage with individual staff members and recover excess spending on rentals and utilities.
- Generate individual monthly management financial reports and communicate to individual staff members. Engage and resolve queries from staff regarding cost allocation.
- Support to management with adjustments during monthly financial reporting.
- Provide support to the team during internal, external audits.
- Play a key role in ensuring yearend processes are performed smoothly attaining all of the set deadlines.
- Maintain clear and easy to use filing system and manage the annual archiving process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The following is acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- At least of 3 years’ experience in accounting preferably as a finance officer
- Holder of at least an accounting/finance/auditing degree or equivalent qualification
- Studying towards an accounting/ finance/auditing degree or other related certification (CIMA; ACCA; CIS) will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex financial problems
- Demonstrates proficiency in use of Sun systems, preferably SUN certified, Advanced knowledge in excel and vision excel, Pastel accounting, Lotus Notes, and Microsoft word.
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills
- Very good customer service skills and ability to engage with bank representatives
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to improve processes
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Job City South Africa