JOB TITLE Finance Officer
REPORTING TO Finance Manager – Planning, Budgeting & Reporting
REPORTING TO POSITION: Finance Department
LOCATION: Monrovia with frequent travel to field offices
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Support in managing the finance elements of partnerships, building capacity of partners in financial management, and be responsible for reviewing partner’s financial reports to ensure compliance with donor and Save the Children guidelines, this role will also support the Finance Manager – Planning, Budgeting and Reporting in providing financial inputs into all aspects of Planning, Budgeting and Reporting for the Monrovia Office. This includes providing key support for Proposal Budgeting, annual Budgeting, Donor and internal Finance Reporting and other financial management tasks such as Monthly BvAs.
- Review partner Financial report and Ensure financial support documents reflect the reported amounts in financial and narrative reports
- Help with ensuring that all partnership expenditure spend is compliant with Save the Children and donor policies
- Verify partner expenditure reports, through remote and direct visits, and provide audit summary with recommendations to his/her Manager.
- Provide direct and remote support to partners in relation to completion of finance reports and submission of financial documents.
- Assist in capacity building of partner’s finance and non-finance staff, through direct group, individual and remote support.
- Support development of capacity building plan and implement for partners.
- Assist to Update partner trackers through review of partner budgets and financial reports
- Support the Finance Manager in the preparation of proposal budgets in line with donor guidelines while ensuring that Non- thematic rate of country is achieved.
- Prepare the CAM calculator for all new budgets and ensure that the template is updated with all relevant funding.
- Support the Finance Manager in the preparation of budget realignments along with program staff for on-going awards if needed.
- Prepare and distribute monthly system generated BvAs to NES, NWS and MO
- Attend BvA meetings along with the Finance Manager to understand and deliver Finance related Actions.
- Providing support to Finance Manager and Support Services Director in preparation of initial data for the Master budget, 1st forecast and 2nd forecast processes.
- Create new DEAs in Agresso as requested from the Awards team.
- Prepare the financial reports in line with donor regulations and ensuring that deadlines are met as per reporting calendar in Funds summary.
- Provide other ad-hoc financial data or analysis as requested by Manager, FD or Field Teams.
- Verification of Field Office finance records
- Reconciliation of Accounts Payable, Fuel and Spare Parts etc…
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Finance Manager.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
Achieving results effectively
- Ensures efficient and transparent use of resources in accordance with internal controls
- Demonstrates flexibility to adapt plans and make decisions in rapidly changing environments
- Makes changes to improve performance as a result of information received.
- Documents lessons learned and applies them to future projects
Maintaining and developing collaborative relationships
- Establishes clear objectives with teams and individuals and monitors progress and performance
Operating safely and securely
- Reduces vulnerability by complying with safety and security protocols set by the organisation
Managing yourself in a pressured and changing environment:
- Remains focused on the objectives and goals in a rapidly changing environment
- Suggests creative improvements and different ways of working
- Demonstrates personal integrity by using one’s position responsibly and fairly
Leadership: Action; Thinking; Self; Inspiring; Developing Others
- Adapts plans and approaches based upon awareness of the external context
- Takes responsibility for own development, and actively takes steps to better understand and address own strengths and weaknesses.
- Effectively influences others by understanding their interests and showing how they will be met by own preferred solution.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities, fraud and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure the security, health and wellbeing of staff and that staff management and other processes and policies and systems reflect Save the Children’s principles of equity and fairness.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting/finance or equivalent.
- At least two years’ experiences in an accounting/finance.
- Experience in the NGO sector preferred
- Ability to gather facts and data, scrutinise with ease, determine a logical solution and resolve issues with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to handle a workload and multi-task in order to meet deadlines.
- The highest level of integrity and commitment to preventing corruption.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all departments
- Excellent understanding of financial systems (FMS – Agresso & AMS) and procedures
- Excellent experience of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal English
- Ability and willingness to travel
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported
Please apply in English using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document including details of your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Job City Liberia