PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Programme Manager will provide overall leadership for the Juba PoC Food Assistance project and Juba Emergency Food Security project. He will be responsible for overseeing the overall Food Assistance programme in the Juba Zone. This will comprise of the Juba Emergency Food Security (Cash Transfers) project, Juba Protection of Civilians project, and the commodity management of the Juba nutrition (TSFP) project. This position has the principal responsibility of representing the project within WFP, Government of South Sudan, (Jubek State), and other key stakeholders such as the Relief and Rehabilitation Commission, at state level. The Manager will also represent WV SS in stakeholder engagement and collaboration with other agencies operational in Juba as well as the UNMISS.
The position will also from time to time provide technical support to other projects on cash based programming, as directed by the National Office Cash programming specialist.
Other key responsibilities include ensuring high quality implementation of project activities, grant management according to donor requirements and international accounting standards, timely donor and other stakeholder reporting, and overall contribution to Child Well Being outcomes.
- Provide leadership to all food and cash assistance projects operational in Juba, ensuring that all set targets are met, food and cash are distributed, reported and fully accounted for according to World Vision standard procedures and donor policies.
- Provide technical and operations support to all the food/cash projects, being implemented under the Cash for Assets/Training, Juba PoC GFD, and Commodity accounting and management under Juba TSFP project, in coordination with the
- Technical Advisors of specific themes covered by the project.
- Gather and compile output reports from the WVSS Project Coordinators and prepare overall performance progress reports detailing achievements against plan and variance on a regular basis.
- Provide to the projects standard tools and documents to ensure standardised approach to the operations.
- Engagement with key strategic partners such as Acted, UNMISS RRP, RRC, WFP in the implementation of all the projects.
- Provision of cash based programming expertise to other projects, as directed by the Cash based programming specialist.
- Develop budgets for the two projects.
- Work with project coordinators in producing cash flow and expenditure plans.
- Manage grants with a combined value of more than US$ 9.000.000 making sure that the funds are spent and accounted for in time according to donor and WVI standards.
- Work in liaison with People & Culture (P&C)/HR in recruiting appropriate project staff. Mentor them and ensure professional personal growth of project staff.
- Set targets with staff and supervise the with skills across a diverse set of technical areas.
- Develop and maintain an adequate human resource plan consistent with WV policies/requirements and in tandem with local labour laws.
- Ensuring proper technical and operational capacity of staff to manage and implement project initiatives is developed.
- Track staff development and performance through conducting quarterly reviews of staff performance in line with WVs performance management system, ensuring opportunities for staff feedback.
- Lead the project staff ensuring that there is an effective result oriented working culture that has respect for established organizational standards and attainment of set outputs.
- Lead the team in the production of reports for the 3 Cash/Food assistance projects in Juba, ensuring that all commodities/cash are accounted for in line with WV partnership and donor standards.
- Maintain effective project quality assurance mechanisms, including monitoring system for tracking of project progress against indicators, activities and key project milestones, reporting, evaluation, and communication systems.
- Coordinate and work in collaboration with other key sectors in the organization such as Supply Chain, Finance and Administration.
- Work in collaboration with other key relevant organizations and institutions in the implementation of the project.
- Co-ordinate with other Response and development Agencies, Local authorities and Government stakeholders in ensuring that that the Cash transfer intervention strategy is targeted to the appropriate target population.
- Represent WV in donor, and Government meeting on all Juba Zone related food/cash assistance projects.
Monitoring and Compliance:
- Liaison with M and E department to carry out market assessments and general food security monitoring.
- Ensure that project implementation complies with WV Food and Cash Resources manual.
- Ensure that cash programming complies with acceptable cash programming global standards.
- Participate in the institutional learning initiatives, and provide technical leadership and coordination in ensuring establishment of efficient information systems leading to the achievement of lessons learnt and their timely dissemination.
- Strengthen the monitoring and evaluation activities via training/ capacity building activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum Master’s degree in social sciences, food security , business administration, international development or a related field related field or equivalent experience in grant management.
- At least five years of experience in program management and administration, financial management, award cooperative agreement compliance, sub award management, and tracking project performance and costs.
- Technical expertise in managing Cash/Food for Assets, Food Security and Livelihood projects a requirement.
- Experience of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Code of Conduct, AAP, CHS , Good Enough Guide, Sphere Standard (Humanitarian Charter and Participation Standard), donor requirements and WV Humanitarian Accountability Framework.
- Experience in partnership building and coordination with the donors, private sector, NGO and local community organizations.
- Proven experience in the management of grants, i.e. WFP, USAID , DFID , ECHO.
- Fluency in English.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, managerial, leadership, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability in the management of consortiums.
- Positive collaboration and facilitation skills; Leadership of large and diverse teams; Diplomacy.
- Willingness to take up a position post and residence in a fragile context.
- Commitment to WV Core Values and Mission Statement.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Urban set up.
- Travel: 10% domestic/international travels is required.
On call: Available for communication with partners and colleagues from diverse time zones as and when asked by the supervisor.
- Job City Juba