Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
The Food Security Technical Coordinator will assume responsibility for overall technical quality, results and implementation of the ACDI/VOCA Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Burkina Faso. The Food Security Specialist will provide leadership and technical guidance to the technical teams to ensure the quality of interventions to address the immediate food security needs of target beneficiaries. He/She will oversee intervention planning, development and ensure skill building for team members and local implementing partners in emergency response, social protection and skills to implement food security programming in a challenging environment. The Food Security Specialist will promote a strong one-team approach, ensuring integration of all program elements, partners and stakeholders. The position is based in Kaya, Burkina Faso, with regular travel between the field office in Kaya, and the intervention zone on 11 communes across Bam, Sanmatenga and Namentenga, as needed.
A. Program Management
- Oversee use of management systems to ensure cohesion across all technical sectors of the activity.
- Oversee the integration, layering and sequencing of interventions within the activity, and with USAID and RISE 2 investments.
- Oversee the implementation of active, intentional, and adaptive learning exercises within and across its multi-sectoral activities.
- Oversee robust stakeholder coordination by activity staff with entities including local partners, US government entities, host country government, international donors, multilateral organizations and private sector investments.
- Promote peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing and application, activity-based capacity strengthening, evidence and data utilization, and collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA).
- Collaborate closely with the M&E Director to ensure interventions are generating desired results, and to identify areas for improved technical approach.
- Contribute to the knowledge management and communications functions of the project, ensuring overall quality control and responsiveness of these efforts to the technical teams’ needs, and facilitating integration of these efforts throughout the project.
- Contribute to the project communications strategy, ensure quality control of project communications and marketing media, and provide high level editorial assistance and quality control to the publication of all project reporting and communications.
- Work closely with project leaders and partners to plan, design, and or/manage specific technical interventions to take advantage of opportunities to meet the needs of project beneficiaries or to augment project results.
- Lead regular planning meetings with technical staff.
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of reports and documents to USAID, national governments, ACDI/VOCA headquarters and other partner organizations.
- Oversee and provide technical guidance to the leads of Governance / Disaster Risk Reduction, Agriculture productivity / enterprise development, finance and investment, Gender & Youth, Health & Nutrition and WASH.
B. Reporting and Pipeline Resource Estimate Proposal (PREP) process
- Oversee quality of field-level inputs for the development of the reports for the donor, the host country and/or ACDI/VOCA, including Quarterly and Annual Results Reports.
- Together with DCOP/Technical, ensure that all reports are fully developed, including written narrative containing proper analysis of results and data.
Support the Deputy Chief of Party and Chief of Party to:
- Coordinate and communicate field-based activities with partner organizations and local government.
- Represent ACDI/VOCA at meetings, workshops, and other events in Centre Nord.
- Contribute to a high-level and productive working environment. Ensure a work environment that is non-discriminatory and promotes open dialogue on gender related and culturally sensitive issues.
- Recruit, hire, train, manage, and evaluate staff as necessary to ensure program success.
- Supervise and provide leadership to all program staff, including local implementing partners.
- Oversee program implementation processes and procedures and recommend changes/improvements to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure program staff respect security measures and policies.
- Ensure compliance with all ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures including but not limited to the Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual, the Procurement Manual, and the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- As necessary, facilitate communication between HQ and field staff.
E. Financial Management
- In collaboration with DCOP/Technical, ensure all expenditures are compliant with ACDI/VOCA and donor policies and regulations as well as within the scope of the program budget.
- In collaboration with DCOP/Technical, monitor program-related spending to ensure efficient use of program resources.
- Carry out other tasks as needed to support the ACDI/VOCA Burkina Faso DFSA and to ensure successful activity implementation.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Chief of Party/Deputy Chief of Party – Technical or HQ Management.
- Advanced Degree required in respective technical field and at least 10 years of relevant experience in implementation of food security programming.
- Proven experience of successful implementation of food security programs in emergency, humanitarian or post-conflict environments.
- A record of successful performance on USAID-funded activities
- Experience providing leadership, supervising staff, managing multiple complex project components, and convening people across technical teams to build consensus and achieve an outcome.
- Experience contributing to the design and implementation of food security programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with activity stakeholders, partners, local government institutions, etc.
- High level of English proficiency preferred.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
- Job City Burkina Faso