Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Deadline for Application Submission: 05th March 2020.
To ensure that communication between Plan Nigeria and its customers both internal and external are conducted in a smooth and professional manner. To receive Plan International Nigeria’s visitors and coordinate visits to staff within the office premises.
Dimensions of the Role
- Interface between Plan International Nigeria and the public
- All Plan staff
- Custodian of Petty cash funds
- Processing of mails
- Coordinate and organization of the reception of Plan International Nigeria
- Area of Responsibility – Country Office
- Handle all incoming and outgoing calls in a professional manner
- Ensure that the front office/reception hall is kept clean and managed in a professional manner.
- Receive visitors and directing them appropriately
- Receive mails and parcels and ensure that they are appropriately dispatched without delay.
- Register all incoming and outgoing calls and mails, and other correspondence
- Assist in the provision of logistical support for all meetings, workshops
- Develop a rating system for mails received for the CD to enable easy retrieval;
- Management of Petty cash funds disbursement and Replenishing petty cash to ensure cash balances are not exhausted.
- Receives Cash and raises receipts (ensure all documents are signed)
- Prepare Bank Deposit Slips and forwards deposit slip and receipts to the finance department
- Delivers/releases cheque to payee (Vendors or service providers)
- Receive and deliver all applications for recruitment purposes;
- Provide an interface between correspondences from other organizations and Plan Nigeria
- Support in purchase requisition creation and maintenance in SAP
- Effect any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Admin Coordinator
- Carry out other duties assigned by his/her supervisor
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Degree or Certification Business Administration or any related field
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar position and with a credible institution
- Proven experience as front desk representative, agent or relevant position
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, scanners, printer etc.)
- Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Customer service orientation
Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Job City Abuja