Established in 1958, Girls and Boys Town (GBT) is a national nonprofit organisation that runs proven and successful programmes to strengthen vulnerable youth. Through a combination of interventions, we on average, assist between 16 000 to 20 000 beneficiaries a year. GBT core focus is to remove the obstacles and barriers that prevent children from finding their light and helping them to Shine.
Girls and Boys Town seeks to appoint a Fundraising Consultant, to be based in Pinelands Office, Western Cape.
Salary: Basic salary plus attractive commission structure, incentives, medical Aid, pension, life and disability cover benefits
Reports to: Regional Fundraising Manager
This is a permanent position
- Research and identify potential funders and funding opportunities
- Raise funds as per the targets agreed upon
- Build sustainable and effective working relationships with donors and sponsors
- Attend meetings with funders/donors as required
- Research fundraising opportunities
- Identify fundraising opportunities and raise awareness of the organisations work
- Manage information and record the profile and fundraising activity of donors on a database
- Previous fundraising and sales background / experience necessary
- Minimum of five years’ work experience
- Self-motivated and mature
- Abilities to work independently and within a team environment
- Creativity, imagination and an entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising
- Communication and interpersonal skills · Demonstrate a willingness to learn and update your skills
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain efficiencies with attention to detail
- Be multifaceted, adaptive and show initiative
- Valid driver’s license
- Computer literacy
To apply, submit CV and one page motivation letter to [email protected]
Only qualified individuals as listed above will be considered for an interview.
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of your applications submission, deem your application unsuccessful.
- Job City Western Cape