Save the Children is recruiting for an experienced Chief of Party who will be responsible for leading a program (2022-2025) funded by GAVI and implemented in consortium with International Rescue Committee (IRC), Acasus and Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI), under the leadership of Save the Children International (SCI).
Today, many children who do not receive any routine vaccine, “zero-dose children”, live in fragile and conflict settings, often outside of government reach. An estimated 1.3 million zero-dose children live in these settings in the Sahel region. Countries in this region targeted for these interventions include Burkina Faso, Cameroon, CAR, Chad, Mali, Niger and Nigeria. These countries are often at the epicentre of conflict, facing displacement across borders, chronic underdevelopment and poverty. While Gavi typically supports immunisation through government systems, many populations within these countries are beyond the reach of current government systems. A cross-border approach could therefore complement government efforts at reaching populations with immunisation services. Sustainably reaching missed communities and zero dose children in fragile and conflict settings requires an enhanced understanding of these settings, new approaches and partnerships, as well as a commitment to evaluation and learning.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant university master degree in Public Health
- A minimum of 10 years’ of demonstrated experience in program management and administration, including grants management and donor compliance, with a focus on vaccination and access to health services for children in conflict affected areas and fragile countries
- A minimum of 5 years’ proven experience in managing large multicountry programs
- A minimum of 2 years’ proven experience in managing large consortia
- Knowledge of and proven experience of working in partnership with governments
- Solid experience in working collaboratively through equal partnerships
- Excellent written and spoken level of French and English
- Proven excellent skills in program performance and quality monitoring and reporting.
- Proven excellent skills in multistakeholder management, both internally and externally, with a strong ability to project strategic vision, adherence and buy-in.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Solid experience in remote management and implementation in complex and insecure environments
- Strong skills in staff management, moderation, conflict resolution and capacity-building
- Capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult working circumstances.
- Experience working on Nexus programming
- Familiar with accountability and feedback mechanisms including for children
Contract length: 2 years with possibility of extension
Location: Any of the following four program implementation countries where SCI has direct presence: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger, Nigeria
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Job City Ouagadougou