We are a global team of experts and innovators tackling some of the world’s most pressing health challenges. We work with leaders and change makers around the globe to bring health strategies to life. We provide ideas, advice and technical know-how that enable our partners to build a path to lasting change.
With 30 years’ experience in global health, we collaborate with our partners to explore existing evidence, combine expertise, scale up ideas and co-create solutions that accelerate change. This includes collaborating on policy design, managing initiatives, building powerful coalitions and galvanising social movements. Our impact is felt across whole communities, with a focus on women, girls and those who have been marginalised.
Gender equality and social change are at the forefront of our work. As part of MSI Reproductive Choices, all our profits go back into supporting MSI’s own mission of children by choice, not chance.
We believe in a world where everyone can access the high-quality health services they need, without financial burden.
The Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist is a new and exciting opportunity to grow and drive GESI work for Options. As the GESI Specialist you will provide thought leadership, technical expertise, and strategic direction to strengthen the quality of our programming, enhance our impact, win new business, and support Options to further GESI principles internally and externally.
The GESI specialist will drive Option’s work to reduce gendered barriers to healthcare and strengthen health systems to ensure equitable access to high-quality, respectful care. Objectives of the role include:
- The GESI specialist will provide high-quality technical support on GESI to Options’ programme teams and direct technical assistance for government, civil society, and donor clients
- A central element of the role will be to grow Options’ business offer on GESI programming, identifying strategic opportunities for future business growth, leveraging networks, and designing inclusive and transformative programmes.
- The GESI specialist will work closely with Options global staff, sharing expertise to build their knowledge, as well as creating opportunities for cross-programme learning for internal and external audiences. This will include supporting the Options’ Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) and GESI working groups
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A relevant Master’s degree in social sciences, gender studies, development studies, public health or relevant field required.
Skills and attributes
- The position requires demonstrable skills in integrating GESI mainstreaming and transformative approaches across the programme cycle.
- Applicants will have the skills to facilitate co-creation workshops with a variety of partners, civil society representatives, and government stakeholders, and lead the design and integration of GESI approaches within prospective bids.
- The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills for a variety of audiences, including external audiences such as potential donors, partners, clients, and non-experts.
- Applicants will have the skills and expertise to conduct and support inclusive and intersectional approaches to monitoring, evaluation, and research methodologies, ideally with a focus on health in LMIC countries.
- This role requires working with a global team. Applicants should have the experience and soft skills to work sensitively and respectfully with people from diverse cultures.
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in UK, Kenya or Nigeria.
- Applicants must be fluent in spoken and written English. Ability to work in French is desirable
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK, Nigeria or Kenya
- Job City Kenya, Nigeria